Instant Download - Available immediately
Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Sugar & Confectionery Product Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Sugar & Confectionery Product Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Sugar & Confectionery Product Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Sugar & Confectionery Product Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Sugar & Confectionery Product Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Sugar & Confectionery Product Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Sugar & Confectionery Product Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Sugar & Confectionery Product Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||10%|
|Retail Sales Workers||8%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||8%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||7%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Food Processing Workers||20%|
|Miscellaneous Food Processing Workers||20%|
|Other Production Occupations||19%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||8%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||8%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||6%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||17%|
|Material Moving Workers||16%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||13%|
|Packers and Packagers, Hand||8%|
Sugar & Confectionery Product Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|WM. Wrigley JR.||1050|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Worldwide Alternative Sweeteners Market | Industry Overview, Top Key Players Profile, Growth Analysis and Forecast to 2023 - Alternative sweeteners are food additives which contain no/low calories and can be used in place of sugar due to their sweet taste ... Alternative sweeteners are hugely used in the bakery & confectionery products, dairy products, and various frozen ... (01/12/2018)
- Middle East and Africa Beet Sugar Market Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecasts (2016–2021) - Increasing population adding new customers to the market and reduction in time and cost of manufacturing ... Bakery and Confectionery products lead the market in applications segment due to the adoption of beet sugar as an alternative to cane sugar in ... (01/09/2018)
- Hammond’s Candies to close Old Dominion Peanut’s plant - It came in the wake of “the neighborhood in transition from manufacturing and warehousing ... produces a variety of sugar confectionery products and chocolate. It acquired Old Dominion Peanut in 2013 to expand its snack offerings, according to the ... (01/09/2018)
- Learn details of the sugar on global beet market - Increasing population adding new customers to the market and reduction in time and cost of manufacturing ... Bakery and Confectionery products lead the market in applications segment due to the adoption of beet sugar as an alternative to cane sugar in ... (01/09/2018)
- Confectionery Markets in China Expected Strong Forecast Growth of 8.6% CAGR over 2016-2021 - The confectionery product have component as a chocolate, sugar, sweets and gum ... a basic overview of the industry including its definition, applications and manufacturing technology. Then, the report explores the international and regional major industry ... (01/05/2018)
- Global Sugar Confectionery Industry Analysis, Size, Market share, Growth, Trend and Forecast 2022 - Global Sugar Confectionery Industry 2017 Market Research Report provides the details about Industry Overview, Manufacturing Cost Structure ... Bahlsen and more are profiled in the terms of product picture, specification, capacity, production, price ... (11/15/2017)
- Confectionery Ingredient Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2017 - 2025 - Overview Confectionery ingredients are used in the manufacturing of end products like chocolate, bakery products, beverages, sugar confectioneries among others. These ingredients include cocoa, dairy ingredients, emulsifiers, sugar, sweeteners and others ... (05/29/2017)
- Research and Markets: Global Cocoa, Chocolate and Sugar Confectionery Manufacturing 2010 Report Out Now - The IBISWorld Global Cocoa, Chocolate and Sugar Confectionery Manufacturing industry report consists of enterprises primarily engaged in the following: (1) shelling, roasting, and grinding cocoa beans to make chocolate cocoa products and confectioneries ... (11/26/2010)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $11,229,708 on Sugar & Confectionery Product Manufacturing. It has awarded 33 contracts to 13 companies, with an average value of $863,824 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.