|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Textile & Fabric Finishing & Fabric Coating Mills
Overview: the U.S. Textile & Fabric Finishing & Fabric Coating Mills Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Textile & Fabric Finishing & Fabric Coating Mills:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Textile & Fabric Finishing & Fabric Coating Mills Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Textile & Fabric Finishing & Fabric Coating Mills companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Textile & Fabric Finishing & Fabric Coating Mills company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Textile & Fabric Finishing & Fabric Coating Mills industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Textile & Fabric Finishing & Fabric Coating Mills measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||12%|
|Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Workers||35%|
|Textile Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||28%|
|Textile Bleaching and Dyeing Machine Operators and Tenders||23%|
|Other Production Occupations||17%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||9%|
|Material Moving Workers||7%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||6%|
Textile & Fabric Finishing & Fabric Coating Mills Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- America’s 25 dying industries include sound studios, textiles, newspapers - Employment in the industry fell by 42.9% over the same period, one of the largest declines of any sector. 20. Textile and fabric finishing mills Employment change 2007-2016: -44.4% Employment total: 23,739 Wage growth 2007-2016: 23.1% Avg. annual wage ... (12/28/2017)
- Local textile company still runs its mill, grows despite industry cuts - GALLOWAY TOWNSHIP — Absecon Mills’ 100,000-square-foot workshop has people you don’t find these days at lots of other American textile factories ... in surfboard coatings to cloth that goes into bullet-proof vests to fabrics used to armor military ... (04/25/2016)
- Nigeria: In Textile Industry, a Hidden Goldmine - Most industry participants blamed the change in fortunes of the textile industry on the influx of cheaper fabrics from China and India, hard for local mills to compete with ... manufacturing is the dyeing and finishing level of production. (02/16/2016)
- Textile mills' machinery imports rise 54pc - A BTMA certification is required for importing machinery for the textile sector. Machinery imports accelerated, as entrepreneurs set up 26 textile mills in spinning, weaving, dyeing and finishing last ... demand for yarn and fabrics from garment makers ... (08/23/2015)
- On clearance: Old textile mill heading to auction - More than a half million square feet of the main building of Mission Valley Mills sits empty on the edge of the Guadalupe River. But just enough remains inside to tell the story of the once thriving textile ... fabric. “We were the only start-to-finish ... (08/03/2014)
- Investor Revives Closed Warren of Stafford Textile Mill - It was the last textile mill in the state making fabric for the fashion industry, though there are a few that make technical, coated fabrics. Jacob Long, the new owner, has never worked in the textile industry. His background was in investment banking ... (06/20/2014)
- U.S. Textile Plants Return, With Floors Largely Empty of People - GAFFNEY, S.C. — The old textile mills here are mostly gone now. Gaffney Manufacturing, National Textiles, Cherokee — clangorous ... Now it takes just a month or so, start to finish, to get a sweatshirt to a customer. “We just avoid so many big ... (09/23/2013)
- Textile and Fabric Finishing and Fabric Coating Mills Industry Group in the U.S. and its Foreign Trade Report - has announced the addition of the "Textile and Fabric Finishing and Fabric Coating Mills Industry Group in the U.S. and its Foreign Trade" report to their offering. The Textile and Fabric Finishing and Fabric Coating Mills industry group report provides in ... (08/15/2008)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $34,417,184 on Textile & Fabric Finishing & Fabric Coating Mills. It has awarded 488 contracts to 143 companies, with an average value of $240,680 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|