|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Tobacco Stores
Overview: the U.S. Tobacco Stores Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Tobacco Stores:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Tobacco Stores industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Groceries & Other Food Items For Human Consumption Off The Premises
Candy, Prepackaged Cookies, & Snack Foods
Bottled, Canned, Or Packaged Soft Drinks & Other Nonalcoholic Beverages
Packaged Liquor, Wine, & Beer
Beer & Ale
Cigars, Cigarettes, Tobacco, & Smokers' Accessories, Excluding Sales From Vending Machines Operated By Others
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Tobacco Stores company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Tobacco Stores industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Tobacco Stores measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Personal Care and Service Occupations||12%|
|Animal Care and Service Workers||11%|
|Nonfarm Animal Caretakers||10%|
|Nonfarm Animal Caretakers||10%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||58%|
|Supervisors of Sales Workers||8%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Sales Workers||8%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers||8%|
|Retail Sales Workers||48%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||11%|
Tobacco Stores Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Armed robber with covered face steals cash and tobacco from Crofton Stores in Crofton Park, Yeovil - Police in Yeovil are appealing for witnesses after an armed robbery at a shop in Yeovil. The robbery happened at around 8.15pm on January 8 at Crofton Stores in the Crofton Park. A man, with a knife, entered the store and demanded money before stealing ... (01/10/2018)
- Tobacco Sales Regs Punish Poor People - Store owner Kamal Saleh was just hit with thousands of dollars in fines. His crime? He sold three cigars for $8.89. "Too cheap!" say New York City bureaucrats. "The cigars should have cost 11 cents more." Politicians want you to spend more for tobacco. (01/10/2018)
- Cigar shop cites downtown problems including homelessness for closure - AUSTIN (KXAN) — After 21 years of operating their location on East Sixth Street off of Neches Street, Bobalu Cigar Co. has decided to shut its doors, moving everything to their north Austin location on Burnet Road. While there were a number of factors ... (01/10/2018)
- Troopers seeking identity of Earl Township convenience store burglar - State police are trying to identify one of the burglars who broke into an Earl Township convenience store and stole a large amount of cigarettes and smokeless tobacco. Two burglars smashed the glass door of 562 Mini Mart, 7947 Boyertown Pike, to gain entry ... (01/10/2018)
- Police, federal officials investigate McHenry gun store burglary - The McHenry Police Department and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives are investigating the incident. A co-owner of the store declined to comment Monday, citing the open investigation. (01/10/2018)
- Pair sought in theft from convenience store near Boyertown - PSP investigators said Tuesday that they are looking for two people who broke into a convenience store near Boyertown on December 2 and stole a large amount of cigarettes and chewing tobacco. The thieves forced their way into the 562 Mini-Mart on Route 562 ... (01/10/2018)
- Tobacco sales age raised to 21 - The law doesn’t specify an age requirement for retail clerks selling tobacco products or prohibit those under 21 from entering stores that sell these products, so long as the store keeps the products in a place where they cannot be accessed by customers ... (01/09/2018)
- Thousands raised by rabbi for family of murdered Mill Hill shop-keeper - Patel was tragically killed in his Mill Hill shop on Saturday 6 January after refusing to sell tobacco products to a boy who could not produce ID. The 16-year old, who was later arrested on suspicion of murder, is alleged to have hit Patel, causing him to ... (01/09/2018)
- CVS stores to stop selling tobacco - CVS Caremark announced Wednesday it will stop selling cigarettes and other tobacco products at its CVS/pharmacy stores by October 1. The retailer said the move makes CVS/pharmacy the first chain of national pharmacies to take tobacco products off the shelves. (02/05/2014)
- National Cigar Store still puffing along after 100 years in downtown Waterloo - The National Cigar Store, at 617 Sycamore St., represents a fragment of the past, with a few accommodations to current business realities. The store offers liquor and a number of other sundry items one might find in any convenience store, but it retains ... (12/24/2011)
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Cigar stores, Cigarette stands, permanent, Smokers' supply stores, Tobacco stores, etc.