|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Veneer, Plywood & Engineered Wood Product Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Veneer, Plywood & Engineered Wood Product Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Veneer, Plywood & Engineered Wood Product Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Veneer, Plywood & Engineered Wood Product Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Veneer, Plywood & Engineered Wood Product Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Veneer, Plywood & Engineered Wood Product Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Veneer, Plywood & Engineered Wood Product Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Veneer, Plywood & Engineered Wood Product Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||6%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||18%|
|Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Wood||6%|
|Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing||12%|
|Other Production Occupations||15%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||9%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||17%|
|Material Moving Workers||13%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||8%|
Veneer, Plywood & Engineered Wood Product Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Dirtt Environmental Solutions||39|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- What’s the Difference? Plywood vs. OSB - Though building codes treat both materials equally as “structural panels,” plywood and oriented strand board (OSB) are quite different compositionally. Plywood is made from glued thin strips of wood veneer ... an OSB product by Huber Engineered ... (01/05/2018)
- Engineered Wood Market to Reach $41,273 Million, Globally, by 2022 - Allied Market Research - A new report published by Allied Market Research, titled, "Engineered Wood Market by Product Type (Plywood, Laminated Veneer Lumber (LVL), Glulam, I-beams, Oriented Strand Board (OSB), Cross Laminated Timber (CLT)) and Application Type (Residential ... (01/31/2017)
- Freres unveils innovative mass plywood panel - On Friday, Oct. 21, Freres unveiled “Mass Plywood Panel," a new-to-market, veneer-based wood product engineered, tested and refined ... has tentative plans to construct theMass Plywood Panel-manufacturing plant on Cedar Mill Road, Lyons, which is close ... (10/22/2016)
- Research and Markets: Hardwood Veneer and Plywood Manufacturing Industry in the US and its International Trade – The Updated 2011 Q3 Edition - This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing hardwood veneer and/or hardwood plywood. This 6-digit NAICS industry (321211) is under the hierarchy of Veneer, Plywood, and Engineered Wood Product Manufacturing Industry ... (08/18/2011)
- Saw Blade cuts plywood and plywood veneers. - The 10"-diameter, 70--tooth blade is designed for cutting plywood and plywood veneers ... on hard wood laminated sheet products and natural wood of all types. CLIFTON, New Jersey, - Vice President Jay Forrest announced today that Forrest Manufacturing ... (08/04/2011)
- Research and Markets: Hardwood Veneer and Plywood Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2010 Year-End Edition] - DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http ... This 6-digit NAICS industry (321211) is under the hierarchy of Veneer, Plywood, and Engineered Wood Product Manufacturing Industry (32121), Wood Product Manufacturing Subsector (321), and the ... (01/06/2011)
- Plywood Versus Osb: Take A Look At The Inside Story - You can count on both plywood and OSB for strength and stability, as long as your builder follows all installation recommendations and buys the right product from the start. Plywood is made by shaving thin strips or plys of veneer from logs. Over 70 ... (02/03/2001)
- Engineered Lumber Is In Many Forms - Most of the time, especially in newer construction, these are examples of engineered lumber. The concept of manufacturing structural ... includes a larger list of products that are fabricated from either veneers, strands of wood or lengths of solid lumber. (02/06/2000)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $5,207,478 on Veneer, Plywood & Engineered Wood Product Manufacturing. It has awarded 272 contracts to 59 companies, with an average value of $88,262 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.