|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Video, DVD & Game Rental
Overview of the U.S. Video, DVD & Game Rental IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Video, DVD & Game Rental: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Video, DVD & Game Rental industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Rental Of Prerecorded Cassettes, Tapes, Discs, Or Video Games
Non-Subscription Rental Of Prerecorded Cassettes, Tapes, Discs, Or Video Games
Subscription Rental Of Prerecorded Cassettes, Tapes, Discs, Or Video Games
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Video, DVD & Game Rental company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Video, DVD & Game Rental industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Video, DVD & Game Rental measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||4%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||42%|
|Supervisors of Sales Workers||6%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Sales Workers||6%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers||6%|
|Retail Sales Workers||32%|
|Counter and Rental Clerks and Parts Salespersons||23%|
|Counter and Rental Clerks||23%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||19%|
|Information and Record Clerks||7%|
|Customer Service Representatives||6%|
|Customer Service Representatives||6%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||20%|
|Motor Vehicle Operators||11%|
|Driver/Sales Workers and Truck Drivers||10%|
|Light Truck or Delivery Services Drivers||9%|
|Material Moving Workers||9%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||9%|
|Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand||9%|
Video, DVD & Game Rental Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- FREE Redbox movie or video game rental! - Score a FREE Redbox DVD movie rental using the new code! The code is DF7GAE4T and can be used to rent the movie or game on their website at Redbox.com. It does not appear to work at the actual kiosk but it should work online. The code is valid through 10/25. (10/23/2015)
- Free Video Games, Free Movie Rentals This Week at Redbox - Redbox, the DVD and video game rental kiosk service with nearly 30,000 locations around the U.S., has extended a free video game rental offer through Thursday, March 8. That same Thursday is also the day that Redbox is offering a free DVD rental to all ... (03/05/2012)
- Netflix backpedals on video game rental plans - Netflix is no longer planning to offer a video game disc rental-by-mail service to complement its DVD-by-mail and streaming video subscription service, the company revealed Wednesday during its fourth quarter earnings call. The video game rental service ... (01/26/2012)
- Netflix's DVD Spinoff Qwikster Will Rent Video Games Too - In addition to renting DVDs, Qwikster will also rent video games for PlayStation 3, Xbox, and Wii, according to Netflix's announcement. There's no word on pricing, but Netflix says video game rentals will be available as an upgrade, similar to the way ... (09/19/2011)
- Redbox Expands Video Game Rentals - Starting Friday, new release and catalog video games will be available to rent from over 21,000 Redbox kiosks across the country. The games will be featured alongside DVD and Blu-ray rentals and be available for the Playstation 3, Nintendo Wii and Xbox ... (06/16/2011)
- Redbox Rolling Out $2 Video Game Rentals in June - Redbox will roll out video game rentals at thousands of kiosks nationwide for $ ... In the quarter, the self-service DVD rental business grew revenue 38% to $362 million and sales at its "coin" unit just 2.4% to $61 million. The company has 18,800 coin ... (04/29/2011)
- Redbox Video Game Rentals Go Nationwide In June - Redbox began testing video game rentals in its DVD rental kiosks back in August of 2009, slowly adding locations over the past 20 months. I can understand them taking it slow. It's one thing to pack a kiosk full of DVDs and Blu-ray movies. At more than ... (04/28/2011)
- Redbox kiosks to offer video-game rentals - Popular video games for $2 a day. In the coming months, the company, which offers DVD rentals for $1 a day, will begin offering Nintendo DS, XBox 360, PS2, PS3 and Wii video game rentals at its red kiosks located at Walgreens, Walmart, Albertsons ... (10/13/2010)
- Redbox Kiosks Now Testing Video Game Rentals Across U.S. - Redbox will begin renting video games at DVD rental kiosks around the U.S. this month, expanding on earlier tests in limited markets. Although there hasn't been a formal announcement about the games, there's already a section of Redbox's website where you ... (10/12/2010)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $436,669 on Video, DVD & Game Rental. It has awarded 39 contracts to 10 companies, with an average value of $43,667 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Video game rental, Cassette, prerecorded video, rental, Computer video game rental, Video tape rental stores, Laser disc, video, Video tape rental for home electronic equipment (e.g., VCR), Video disc rental for home electronic equipment (e.g., etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.