Wind Power Generation Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Wind Power Generation
Overview: the U.S. Wind Power Generation Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Wind Power Generation:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Wind Power Generation industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Electricity - Generation
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Wind Power Generation company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Wind Power Generation industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Wind Power Generation measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||7%|
|Business Operations Specialists||5%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||11%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||16%|
|Information and Record Clerks||5%|
|Customer Service Representatives||5%|
|Customer Service Representatives||5%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||29%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||21%|
|Line Installers and Repairers||15%|
|Electrical Power-Line Installers and Repairers||14%|
|Plant and System Operators||12%|
|Power Plant Operators, Distributors, and Dispatchers||11%|
|Power Plant Operators||8%|
Wind Power Generation Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Relief for smaller wind power projects as feed-in tariffs to stay - Tariffs fell further to INR 2.43 a unit in December 2017 for the auction of a 500 MW wind power generation project in Gujarat. Girishkumar Kadam, Sector Head and Vice-President, ICRA Ratings, had said that “The viability of such tariffs remains a ... (01/12/2018)
- Nexans : Nexans Acquires BE CableCon In Strategic Move Into Wind Turbine Cable-Kitting Business - In addition to wind turbines, we will now be able to develop new growth opportunities ... is employing close to 26,000 people and generating sales in 2016 of 5.8 billion euros. Nexans is listed on Euronext Paris, compartment A. (01/11/2018)
- Viewpoint: Competitive electricity markets have transformed New England’s power grid - Investment in new power plants by private companies since 1997 has reached nearly $14 billion, resulting in 14,000 megawatts of new power generation ... The region now has 25 onshore wind farms with more than 1,200 megawatts of production capacity ... (01/10/2018)
- BRIEF-Beijing Enterprises Clean Energy Group's Unit Buys Stake In Beijing Enterprises Wind Power Generation Co - * UNIT BUYS 12.5 PERCENT STAKE IN BEIJING ENTERPRISES WIND POWER GENERATION CO FROM GRAND VICTORY (HONG KONG) * UNIT BUYS 7.5 PERCENT STAKE IN BEIJING ENTERPRISES WIND POWER GENERATION CO FROM SUPER BRIGHT (HONG KONG) Source text for Eikon: Further company ... (01/10/2018)
- Invenergy Fully Funds 202.5-MW Nebraska Wind Farm - ... Wind project is Invenergy’s fourth wind power generation project in the state. Santander has played an important role in financing for each of these projects.” Siemens and Gamesa signed binding agreements to merge their wind power businesses. (01/09/2018)
- EUROPE POWER-German spot power price soars as wind generation falls - PARIS, Jan 9 (Reuters) - European spot electricity prices for day-ahead delivery diverged on Tuesday as forecasts for a sharp fall in wind power generation lifted the German contract, while increased nuclear power supply and lower consumption weighed in ... (01/09/2018)
- Wind farm project promises jobs, economic boost to Panhandle communities and the state - the wind farm and generation tie-line will deliver high-quality, low-cost wind energy that will save PSO customers more than $2 billion over the 25-year life of the wind farm, compared to projected market costs for procuring power over the same period. (01/09/2018)
- Global Wind Power Generation Systems Industry Report Analysis with Market Share by Types, Applications and by Regions - (EMAILWIRE.COM, January 08, 2018 ) Global Wind Power Generation Systems Market report is replete with detailed analysis from a thorough research, especially on questions that border on market size, development environment, futuristic developments ... (01/08/2018)
- FERC: 116 GW of Solar and Wind Generation Additions by 2020 - FERC’s update, which includes data through the end of last November, indicates that the combined utility-scale solar and wind power capacity would essentially double. Current available installed generating capacity is 86.76 GW for wind and 28.76 GW for ... (01/05/2018)
- The Dutch plan to build the world's biggest wind farm, complete with a large floating island - Though the cost of offshore wind power is often higher than onshore (without subsidies ... That's more than four times the nation’s current annual generation capacity. (01/03/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $989,061 on Wind Power Generation. It has awarded 29 contracts to 8 companies, with an average value of $123,633 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Power generation, wind electric, Electric power generation, wind, etc.