|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Window Treatment Stores
Overview: the U.S. Window Treatment Stores Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Window Treatment Stores:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Window Treatment Stores industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Sewing, Knitting, Needlework Goods, Including Fabrics, Patterns, Sewing Supplies, Notions, Yarns, Laces, Trimmings, Needlework Kits,
Curtains, Draperies, Blinds, Slipcovers, Bed & Table Coverings
Curtains & Draperies
Vertical & Horizontal Blinds, Woven Wood Blinds, & Shades
Furniture Coverings, Including Ready-Made & Custom-Made
Furniture, Sleep Equipment & Outdoor/Patio Furniture
All Nonmerchandise Receipts
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Window Treatment Stores company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Window Treatment Stores industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Window Treatment Stores measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||65%|
|Supervisors of Sales Workers||7%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Sales Workers||7%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers||7%|
|Retail Sales Workers||57%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||15%|
|Material Recording, Scheduling, Dispatching, and Distributing Workers||7%|
|Stock Clerks and Order Fillers||6%|
|Stock Clerks and Order Fillers||6%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||6%|
Window Treatment Stores Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Tucson Rolling Shutters||5|
|Reflection Window Company LLC Dba Reflection Window & Wall|
|3 Day Blinds|
|Next Day Blinds|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Deaths From Window Blinds Show Need For Cord Ban, Study Says - Paul Nathanson, spokesman for the Window Covering Manufacturers Association, said a soon-to-be adopted industry standard drafted with input from the Consumer Product Safety Commission will make corded blinds unavailable in stores and online, although ... (01/08/2018)
- Best Window Treatment Store - Swags, tiebacks, Roman shades, brocades—shopping for window treatments, like choosing a sofa, presents a bewildering array of options, and can frustrate the most patient amateur decorator. But little in this business fazes Ian Gibbs, who, with his third ... (01/01/2018)
- Room with a View: Preparing your windows for summer - Get the most out of the season by preparing your home with efficient windows, streak-free panes and proper treatments. Air transfers from outside into your home whether or not your windows are open. Aaron Reay, window ... any hardware store, Wallis said. (06/04/2017)
- State of the Industry: Window Treatment Stores in the U.S. (2017 Edition) - Research and Markets - Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "State of the Industry: Window Treatment Stores in the U.S. (11th Edition)" report to their offering. The State of the Industry reports are concise, yet detailed studies filled with priceless data ... (04/06/2017)
- The Shade Store's Zach Gibbs on window treatments | Home Front - Zach Gibbs is the general manager of the Shade Store, which has offered custom window treatments since 1946. Having grown up in the business, Gibbs has seen first-hand the evolution of window treatments, and the change in customer habits and needs. (02/08/2017)
- Why You Should Automate Your Window Blinds - You may buy window treatments through a vast retail network that includes large box stores, such as Lowes and Home Depot, and smaller specialty stores. Online retailers like Blinds.com and Bali Blinds offer larger inventories, usually at lower prices. (09/21/2016)
- Shade Store launches Sunbrella Ventana collection - PORT CHESTER, N.Y. — The Shade Store, a custom window treatment resource, is partnering with Sunbrella to bring a performance story to windows. According to officials at The Shade Store, the launch of Sunbrella’s Ventana collection marks the first ... (09/08/2016)
- Lauderdale-by-the-Sea seeks to cover up vacant stores - Empty storefronts may be a blight on downtowns and business districts, but they're nothing that the right window treatment can't fix ... that we have all these stores vacant," Lauderdale-by-the-Sea Commissioner Chris Vincent said. "It's no different ... (07/07/2012)
- Attractive Ways To Save Energy Dollars - Thermal window treatments are available in a variety of ways. In fabric stores, the do-it-yourselfer can find layered thermal fabric to make shades to cover with decorator fabric. There also are insulating thermal fabrics that may be made into pleated ... (05/17/1985)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $1,015,272 on Window Treatment Stores. It has awarded 65 contracts to 23 companies, with an average value of $44,142 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Curtain and drapery stores, packaged, Window treatment stores, etc.