|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Wine & Distilled Alcoholic Beverage Merchant Wholesalers
Overview: the U.S. Wine & Distilled Alcoholic Beverage Merchant Wholesalers Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Wine & Distilled Alcoholic Beverage Merchant Wholesalers:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Wine & Distilled Alcoholic Beverage Merchant Wholesalers industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Soft Drinks, Bottled Water, Juices, And Nonalcoholic Beverages
Nonalcoholic Beer And Mixers
Sport And Energy Drinks, Including Bottled And Canned Coffee And Tea
Beer, Ale, And Brewers' Products
Beer And Ale
Wine And Distilled Alcoholic Beverages
Distilled Liquor, Including Premixed Alcoholic Drinks
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Wine & Distilled Alcoholic Beverage Merchant Wholesalers company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Wine & Distilled Alcoholic Beverage Merchant Wholesalers industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Wine & Distilled Alcoholic Beverage Merchant Wholesalers measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||33%|
|Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing||27%|
|Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing||27%|
|Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Except Technical and Scientific Products||27%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||14%|
|Material Recording, Scheduling, Dispatching, and Distributing Workers||5%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||36%|
|Motor Vehicle Operators||20%|
|Driver/Sales Workers and Truck Drivers||20%|
|Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers||8%|
|Material Moving Workers||14%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||10%|
|Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand||10%|
Wine & Distilled Alcoholic Beverage Merchant Wholesalers Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Wine delivered to your door may soon be a thing - A bottle of wine ... through the Alcohol Beverage Control Division of the Department of Revenue. Mississippi statute grants the Department of Revenue the sole right to import and sell wines containing greater than 5% alcohol by weight and distilled spirits ... (01/06/2018)
- Toasting Tax Reform’s Impact on Brewers, Vintners, Distillers and Distributors - In addition to the more publicized portions of the recent tax legislation, certain provisions also positively impact your favorite local craft brew, regional small batch wine or even a locally distilled alcoholic beverage. While the producers of craft ... (01/05/2018)
- Big expansion coming to Oregon bottle bill - Wine, for one. The legislature considered a plan to redeem wine bottles for 25 cents each. The bill went into the capitol’s trash can in Salem. Also out: Distilled spirits ... But regardless, beverage distributors get to keep that windfall. (12/30/2017)
- Business targets identified for city’s new industrial site - Wholesale trade: beer, wine and distilled alcoholic beverage merchant wholesalers; machinery, equipment and supplies merchant wholesalers; motor vehicle and motor vehicle parts and supplies merchant wholesalers; miscellaneous durable goods merchant ... (10/10/2017)
- West Virginia Wine Distributors Sue To Stop Would-be Monopolist - Besides Shifflett, the other distributors filing suit are Weirton-based Wine and Beverage Merchants of West Virginia ... http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/west-virginia-wine-distributors-sue-to-stop-would-be-monopolist-300486309.html (07/11/2017)
- Growing Demand for Premium Alcoholic Beverages Predicted to Drive the Alcoholic Beverage Market in the US Until 2020, Says Technavio - This research report titled ‘Alcoholic Beverage ... distilled spirits, and the association of spirits such as scotch whisky, and bourbon and Tennessee whisky with lifestyle are some of the other reasons for the growth of the spirits segment. In 2015 ... (05/12/2016)
- Breakthru Beverage makes offer for New York wholesaler that is suing its execs - Breakthru Beverage Group, the Wirtz-led alcohol wholesale company based in Cicero, has made an offer to acquire New York-based Empire Merchants, the very same wine and spirits distributor that's in the process of suing several Breakthru executives for ... (10/19/2015)
- Beer, wine and liquor would all be sold in the same store under new proposal to privatize Pa. booze sales - Now we get to see if this proposal -- put forward by a coalition of businesses including the Pennsylvania Retail Federation, Pennsylvania Food Merchants Association, Pennsylvania Business Council, Distilled ... The Malt Beverage Distributors Association ... (04/14/2014)
- Major alcohol suppliers, local distributors face off in court - A battle brewing in local courtrooms and in Jefferson City could dramatically reshape the way wine and spirits ... It requires alcohol producers and suppliers to sell their products to distributors, who then sell the beverages to retailers. (04/14/2013)
- Want to buy or sell an alcoholic drink in Kentucky? That'll depend on where you are - A consumer may carry a running tab at a bar to buy beer but not for distilled spirits or wine ... it easier on consumers and the alcoholic beverage industry." Gene McLean, executive director of the Kentucky Beer Wholesalers Association, which also ... (08/10/2012)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $218,550 on Wine & Distilled Alcoholic Beverage Merchant Wholesalers. It has awarded 37 contracts to 2 companies, with an average value of $109,275 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Spirits, distilled, merchant wholesalers, Liquors merchant wholesalers, Alcoholic beverages, wine and distilled spirits merchant wholesalers, Wines merchant wholesalers, Ethyl alcohol merchant wholesalers, Distilled alcoholic beverages merchant wholesalers, Cocktails, alcoholic, premixed, Wine coolers, Beverages, wine and distilled spirits, Liquors, Neutral spirits merchant wholesalers, Brandy and brandy spirits merchant wholesalers, etc.