Women's Handbag & Purse Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Women's Handbag & Purse Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Women's Handbag & Purse Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Women's Handbag & Purse Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Women's Handbag & Purse Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Women's Handbag And Purse Manufacturing
Women's And Children's Handbags And Purses
Other Secondary Products
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Women's Handbag & Purse Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Women's Handbag & Purse Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Women's Handbag & Purse Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Women's Handbag & Purse Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Women's Handbag & Purse Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||13%|
|Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Workers||44%|
|Sewing Machine Operators||24%|
|Sewing Machine Operators||24%|
|Shoe and Leather Workers||18%|
|Shoe and Leather Workers and Repairers||17%|
|Other Production Occupations||12%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||6%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||6%|
|Material Moving Workers||5%|
Women's Handbag & Purse Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Little Earth Productions|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Pregnant women find family at California shelter - She has learned how to manage her finances, is an office manager at a manufacturing employment agency ... I had 25 dollars and a bag of clothes, that weren’t even mine…to (now) having a two-bedroom apartment for me and my son,” Cordiella told ... (01/10/2018)
- IV bag shortage has hospitals scrambling to treat flu - Supplies of saline and nutrient solutions were already tight before hurricanes pounded Puerto Rico and cut power to manufacturing plants that make much of the U.S. supply of fluid-filled bags used to ... has encouraged more women to speak out about their ... (01/09/2018)
- The 25 best laptop bags for everyone, from students to globetrotters - Whether it’s a chic messenger bag for around town or rough-and-tumble backpack that ... We’ve rounded up some of the most stylish, fashionable, and practical laptop bags for every man and women looking to add a bit of peace of mind to their daily ... (01/09/2018)
- Meet the women bringing back the bum bag - Two Brisbane women are having a crack at bringing back the bum bag. The 1990s icon has had a bad rap since ... Bitkow admits that navigating the manufacturing side of things was difficult. "Having ruled out both China and Vietnam after much initial ... (12/19/2017)
- Ghanian designer creates affordable, high-end handbags for working women - His label, Jon Kane Collections, which was introduced in 2016, includes women’s handbags, fashion accessories and costume ... and Kane spends much of his time traveling to different manufacturing facilities across the world. The language barrier can ... (07/29/2017)
- The great handbag boom: Savvy women are spending more money on totes, satchels and clutches than ever before (and we own 13 on average) - The handbag has become a signature item,' he explained. 'Retailers need to take advantage of selling it in-store, up-front and centre, as their own signature.' The study also showed that women aged between 18-45 own an average of 13 handbags from seven ... (06/08/2016)
- Research and Markets: Women's Handbag and Purse Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2012 Q3 Edition] - LLC's new report "Women's Handbag and Purse Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2012 Q3 Edition]" to their offering. This latest Women's Handbag and Purse Manufacturing Industry report provides the most updated market research ... (10/09/2012)
- Eco-friendly bag manufacturing unit opened - A bunch of enthusiastic women encircled the machine that was the cynosure of all eyes and watched with heightened curiosity as it began to churn out non-woven eco-friendly bags at the slight push of a button. The non-woven bag manufacturing unit at Poranki ... (11/04/2011)
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Leather handbags and purses manufacturing, Purses (except precious metal), women's, manufacturing, Handbags, all materials (except precious metal), etc.