|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Air-Conditioning, Heating & Commercial & Industrial Refrigeration Equipment Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Air-Conditioning, Heating & Commercial & Industrial Refrigeration Equipment Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Air-Conditioning, Heating & Commercial & Industrial Refrigeration Equipment Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Air-Conditioning, Heating & Commercial & Industrial Refrigeration Equipment Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Air-Conditioning And Warm Air Heating Equipment And Commercial And Industrial Refrigeration Equipment Manufacturing
Heat Transfer Equipment (Excluding Electrically Operated Dehumidifiers), Mechanically Refrigerated, Self-Contained, Excluding Mo
Commercial Refrigerators And Related Equipment
Room Air Conditioners And Dehumidifiers, Excluding Portable Dehumidifiers
All Other Miscellaneous Refrigeration And Air-Conditioning Equipment
Parts And Accessories For Air-Conditioning And Heat Transfer Equipment
Unitary Air Conditioners, Excluding Air Source Heat Pumps
Air-Conditioning And Warm Air Heating Equipment And Commercial And Industrial Refrigeration Equipment Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Other Secondary Products
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
Miscellaneous Receipts, Including Receipts For Repair Work, Sales Of Scrap And Refuse.
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Air-Conditioning, Heating & Commercial & Industrial Refrigeration Equipment Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Air-Conditioning, Heating & Commercial & Industrial Refrigeration Equipment Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Air-Conditioning, Heating & Commercial & Industrial Refrigeration Equipment Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Air-Conditioning, Heating & Commercial & Industrial Refrigeration Equipment Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Air-Conditioning, Heating & Commercial & Industrial Refrigeration Equipment Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||7%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||31%|
|Electrical, Electronics, and Electromechanical Assemblers||6%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||23%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||18%|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Workers||7%|
|Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||6%|
Air-Conditioning, Heating & Commercial & Industrial Refrigeration Equipment Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|SPX Cooling Technologies||71|
|Friedrich Air Conditioning|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- AHRI Launches New Directory Of Certified Product Performance - The Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI ... offer proven chemistry and decades of sound performance. As the commercial roofing industry’s leader in manufacturing prefabricated PVC roofing systems, Duro-Last produces roofing ... (01/08/2018)
- Binswanger Named Exclusive Agent for the Sale/Lease of 292,655 Sq. Ft. Industrial Property in Vicksburg, Mississippi - industrial machinery, commercial/service industry machinery, ventilation/heating/air conditioning/commercial refrigeration equipment, metalworking machinery, other general purpose machinery, motor vehicles, motor vehicle body/trailer, motor vehicle parts ... (01/04/2018)
- Seven Software Tools for Energy Managers - Here are some software tools, with their best features highlighted, that can provide solutions to tough problems facing energy managers at power plants and other industrial ... American Society of Heating, Refrigeration, and Air-Conditioning Engineers ... (01/03/2018)
- Energy leaves manufacturing in the red dust - Energy's hit-and-miss recovery was enough to leave manufacturing in the red dust ... Inc., No. 26 in Oklahoma Inc., makes semi-custom commercial and residential heating, air-conditioning and ventilation equipment, and trades as AAON on the Nasdaq Stock ... (11/12/2017)
- Global Ventilation, Heating, Air-Conditioning, And Commercial Refrigeration Equipment Manufacturing Market Briefing 2017 - Research and Markets - The "Ventilation, Heating, Air-Conditioning, And Commercial Refrigeration Equipment Manufacturing Market Global Briefing 2017" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering. Ventilation, Heating, Air-Conditioning, And Commercial Refrigeration ... (07/12/2017)
- Modine Manufacturing : to launch Commercial and Industrial Solutions at 2017 AHR Expo - Jan. 27, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Modine Manufacturing Company (NYSE: MOD), a leader in technology in the HVAC industry, will unveil Commercial ... heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment, off-highway and industrial equipment and refrigeration ... (01/27/2017)
- Bruno Air in Bonita Springs now manufacturing AC units - Heating, and Refrigeration Institute, which represents the manufacturers of air-conditioning and refrigeration equipment. Potentially, a lot is at stake if Bruno’s venture into manufacturing is a success: Air conditioning/heating/refrigeration in the ... (09/11/2015)
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Corporation and Toyo Engineering Works to Integrate in July - MHI-AC&R's business scope includes marketing, installation and servicing of air-conditioners (both commercial and residential use), heating systems ... will retain the name Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Corporation ... (05/19/2015)
- Packaged Heating/Cooling Units feature SEER rating of 14. - MILWAUKEE – Luxaire LX Series packaged units from Johnson Controls incorporate design engineering and manufacturing best practices to set new standards in quality and performance to heat and cool residential and light commercial buildings. With a 14 ... (05/04/2015)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $104,129,448 on Air-Conditioning, Heating & Commercial & Industrial Refrigeration Equipment Manufacturing. It has awarded 3,018 contracts to 747 companies, with an average value of $139,397 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Drinking fountains, refrigerated, manufacturing, Coolers, water, Room air-conditioners manufacturing, Display cases, Snow making machinery manufacturing, Dehumidifiers (except portable electric) manufacturing, Refrigeration equipment, industrial and commercial-type, Air-conditioners, unit (e.g., motor home, travel trailer, window), Refrigerated lockers manufacturing, Lockers, Showcases, refrigeration, Furnaces, warm air (i.e., forced air), Air-conditioning condensers and condensing units manufacturing, Laboratory-type freezers manufacturing, Humidifying equipment (except portable) manufacturing, Refrigeration compressors manufacturing, Freezing equipment, Cooling towers manufacturing, Heating equipment, Beer cooling and dispensing equipment manufacturing, Ice making machinery manufacturing, Heat pumps manufacturing, Fountains, refrigerated drinking, Heating and air conditioning combination units manufacturing, Soda fountain cooling and dispensing equipment manufacturing, Air-conditioning and warm air heating combination units manufacturing, Air-conditioning compressors (except motor vehicle) manufacturing, Air-conditioning equipment (except motor vehicle) manufacturing, Refrigeration units, truck-type, Electric warm air (i.e., forced air) furnaces manufacturing, Evaporative condensers (i.e., heat transfer equipment) manufacturing, Counters and display cases, Water (i.e., drinking) coolers, mechanical, etc.