|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Heating Equipment Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Heating Equipment Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Heating Equipment Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Heating Equipment Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Heating Equipment (Except Warm Air Furnaces) Manufacturing
Domestic Heating Stoves (Excluding Electric And Parts)
Other Heating Equipment, Excluding Industrial Types (Including Parts For Nonelectric Heating Equipment And Oil Burners)
Heating Equipment (Except Warm Air Furnaces) Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Heating Equipment Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Heating Equipment Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Heating Equipment Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Heating Equipment Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Heating Equipment Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||7%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||31%|
|Electrical, Electronics, and Electromechanical Assemblers||6%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||23%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||18%|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Workers||7%|
|Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||6%|
Heating Equipment Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Alternate Energy Technologies|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Heat Exchanger Industry by Manufacturers, Production and Applications Research Report Forecast to 2021 - Heat Exchanger is an industrial equipment or device used to transfer heat from one ... Hisaka Works Ltd, Modine Manufacturing Company, Sierra S.p.A., Smartheat Inc., SPX Corporation, Sterling Thermal Technology Limited, SWEP International AB, and Tranter ... (01/13/2018)
- UPDATE: ATCO-Gary Metals Technologies to shutter, laying off 68 production workers - made air conditioning and heating ducts, pipes and related products ... said ATCO-Gary Metal Technologies planned to close by Jan. 31 and all the equipment was being sold off to a company in Nebraska. A total of 68 production workers represented by ... (01/12/2018)
- Researchers use aerosol jet 3D printing to develop strain gauges with unprecedented sensitivity - The team used the aerosol jet printing technique in their work, which involved the manufacturing ... equipment in high-temperature conditions. Conventional solid strain gauges can be very susceptible to error due to the deformation effects caused by heating. (01/12/2018)
- Research delivers insight into the heating hose market - Development policies and plans are discussed as well as manufacturing processes and ... Upstream raw materials and equipment and downstream demand analysis is also carried out. The Heating Hose industry development trends and marketing channels are analyzed. (01/11/2018)
- ABLE Equipment Rental Welcomes Key Equipment to Its Corporate Family - "We'll be able to offer excavation, portable power, air, heat, and traffic control equipment ... ABLE purchases its equipment from the industry's leading manufacturers and continues to add to its fleet. Equipment is available for daily, weekly, monthly ... (01/10/2018)
- Commercial plumber buys Dayton manufacturing site - RELATED: Food equipment manufacturer buys site for $1.3 million CBRE ... said in a company statement that the new building will use a geothermal heating and cooling system like the one used at the nearby CareSource headquarters. The city of Dayton ... (01/09/2018)
- Local HVAC firm donating heating systems to needy families - residents and social media to identify families who are in need of a new heating system but cannot afford the cost of replacement. Manufacturers, supply houses and a local financial institution donate equipment, materials, supplies, and funds to cover ... (01/05/2018)
- Heat Sealers Market: 2018 Global Industry Striking Growth Rate by Trends, Share, Size and Forecast - Upstream raw materials and equipment and downstream demand analysis is also ... are assessed and overall research conclusions offered. Analysis of Key Manufacturers- HEAT SEAL, Pro Mach, Bio-Rad Laboratories, INTRISE CO., LTD, Hulme Martin, Plexpack ... (01/02/2018)
- HiETA Uses Renishaw Metal 3D Printer to Take Heat Exchangers From Prototyping to Commercial Production - Its RenAM 500M, a laser powder bed fusion system, was specifically designed for factory floor production of metal components, such as the specialist range of heat exchangers by HiETA Technologies, which uses additive manufacturing to realize energy ... (01/02/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $6,349,673 on Heating Equipment Manufacturing. It has awarded 345 contracts to 155 companies, with an average value of $40,966 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Gas space heaters manufacturing, Logs, gas fireplace, manufacturing, Heating units, baseboard, Fireplace inserts (i.e., heat directing) manufacturing, Unit heaters (except portable electric) manufacturing, Furnaces (except forced air), heating, Oil burners, Burners, Gas fireplaces manufacturing, Room heaters (except portable electric) manufacturing, Solar heating systems manufacturing, Hydronic heating equipment manufacturing, Solar energy heating equipment manufacturing, Baseboard heating equipment manufacturing, Steam heating equipment manufacturing, Gas-oil burners, combination, Heaters, swimming pool, Furnaces, floor and wall, Space heaters (except portable electric) manufacturing, Boilers, Swimming pool heaters manufacturing, Radiators (except motor vehicle, portable electric) manufacturing, Heating equipment, hot water (except hot water heaters), Gas burners, space (except portable electric), Kerosene space heaters manufacturing, Wood stoves manufacturing, etc.