|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Air & Gas Compressor Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Air & Gas Compressor Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Air & Gas Compressor Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Air & Gas Compressor Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Air And Gas Compressor Manufacturing
Air And Gas Compressors And Vacuum Pumps, Including Value Of Drivers
Parts And Attachments For Air And Gas Compressors And Vacuum Pumps (Excluding Refrigeration, Ice Making, And Air-Conditioning Eq
Industrial Spraying Equipment And Parts And Attachments For Industrial Spraying Equipment, Sold Separately
Air And Gas Compressor Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Air & Gas Compressor Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Air & Gas Compressor Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Air & Gas Compressor Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Air & Gas Compressor Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Air & Gas Compressor Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||10%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||12%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||18%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||23%|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Workers||7%|
|Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||5%|
Air & Gas Compressor Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Gardner Denver Thomas||15|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Iran Self-Sufficient in Production of Gas Turbo-Compressor Systems: Official - TEHRAN (Tasnim) – The CEO of the Iranian Gas Engineering and Development Company (IGEDC) announced that the country has become self-sufficient in manufacturing turbo-compressor units used for transfer of natural gas. Speaking to the Tasnim News Agency ... (12/31/2017)
- FS-Curtis air compressor saves 24.4% energy cost for its users - FS-Curtis, a brand of Fusheng group, has been focusing on air compressor manufacturing for more than 160 years ... agreed to set national targets to cut greenhouse gas emissions en route to preventing the planet from warming up more than two degrees ... (12/22/2017)
- China Air Compressors Market to Reach USD 9.6 Billion by 2024 | Hexa Research - As per applications, the various segments are oil & gas, manufacturing, home appliances, energy, healthcare, and food & beverages. Major companies operating in the China air compressors market are Hoerbiger Holding A. G.; M. A. T. Industries Inc.; Zen Air ... (12/08/2017)
- Ingersoll Rand unveils centrifugal air compressor - Key market players and developers are bringing about innovative technological upgrades in manufacturing air/gas compressors that cater to numerous industrial applications and have excellent operational efficiency, said the statement. There are many ... (10/14/2015)
- Gas Driven Air Compressor is rated for 100% duty cycle. - VMAC is pleased to introduce the lightest, smallest and most affordable rotary screw gas driven air ... that your compressor won't let you down. "By following LEAN business practices, using state of the art machinery, modern engineering and manufacturing ... (10/08/2015)
- How It Works: The Air Compressor - You'll find air compressors used in a wide range of situations—from corner gas stations to major manufacturing plants. And, more and more, air compressors are finding their way into home workshops, basements and garages. Models sized to handle every job ... (03/18/2015)
- An Industry Analysis of the Chinese Gas Compressor Manufacturing Industry: Examine the Competitive Landscape, Key Companies and Forecasts - which will not only provide a broad market for the rapid development of gas compressor manufacturing, but will also provide an unprecedented opportunity to accelerate the improvement of air compressor quality and thus surpass the world standard. (08/26/2008)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $46,829,065 on Air & Gas Compressor Manufacturing. It has awarded 787 contracts to 306 companies, with an average value of $153,036 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Paint sprayers (i.e., compressor and spray gun unit) manufacturing, Sprayers, manual pump, general purpose-type, manufacturing, Power (i.e., pressure) washer units manufacturing, Vacuum pumps (except laboratory) manufacturing, Air compressors manufacturing, Bicycle pumps manufacturing, Compressors, air and gas, etc.