|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Aluminum Sheet, Plate & Foil Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Aluminum Sheet, Plate & Foil Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Aluminum Sheet, Plate & Foil Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Aluminum Sheet, Plate & Foil Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Aluminum Sheet, Plate, And Foil Manufacturing
Plain Aluminum Foil (Less Than .006 In. Thick)
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
Miscellaneous Receipts, Including Receipts For Repair Work, Sales Of Scrap And Refuse.
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Aluminum Sheet, Plate & Foil Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Aluminum Sheet, Plate & Foil Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Aluminum Sheet, Plate & Foil Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Aluminum Sheet, Plate & Foil Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Aluminum Sheet, Plate & Foil Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||6%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||11%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||9%|
|Supervisors of Production Workers||6%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers||6%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers||6%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||34%|
|Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||8%|
|Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||6%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||7%|
|Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||5%|
|Metal Furnace Operators, Tenders, Pourers, and Casters||8%|
|Metal-Refining Furnace Operators and Tenders||7%|
|Other Production Occupations||12%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||7%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||14%|
|Material Moving Workers||13%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||7%|
Aluminum Sheet, Plate & Foil Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Try these comforting, hearty and healthy bean recipes - Transfer bacon to paper towel–lined plate; set aside. 2 ... Wearing oven mitts, cover the sheet pan loosely with aluminum foil and cook for 15 minutes. 4. Carefully uncover the pan. Stir in the kale and ½ teaspoon salt. Add another cup of broth ... (01/12/2018)
- Grilled Treviso with Treccione and Pancetta, Arugula Pesto, Eggplant "Braciole" and Grilled Baby Back Ribs "Porchetta Style" - Transfer to a serving plate, drizzle with saba ... Lay each rack of ribs on a long piece of aluminum foil, and season each with salt and pepper on both sides. Generously sprinkle garlic, onions and mixed herbs over ribs on both sides. (01/12/2018)
- Red Beet Salad with Hazelnuts, Pickled Onion and Goat Cheese - On a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, toss together hazelnuts and remaining 1 Tbsp ... Place a bed of greens on each of 4 salad plates and top with some of the beets, pickled onion and hazelnuts. Garnish with goat cheese. (01/11/2018)
- Aluminum foil market forecast to 2021 published by leading research firm - Aluminum smelting and casting manufacturers mainly depend ... such as foils, sheet, coils, and plates, are expected to have a lower volume. This is expected to affect the global aluminum foil market negatively. Complete report on Aluminum Foil market ... (01/11/2018)
- Global Alumina and Aluminum Production and Processing Market Briefing 2016-2017 & Forecasts to 2020 & 2022 - Research and Markets - foil, pipe, plate, rod, sheet, tube, wire. Aluminum manufacturers are producing customized aluminum alloys for automobile manufacturers to produce light weigh vehicles. The use of aluminum alloys in vehicles reduces carbon emissions, increases fuel economy ... (01/03/2018)
- United States Aluminum Sheet, Plate, And Foil Market 2017 - Analysis And Forecast to 2025 - Research and Markets - Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "U.S. Aluminum Sheet, Plate, And Foil Market - Analysis And Forecast to 2025" report to their offering. The report provides an in-depth analysis of the U.S. aluminum sheet, plate, and foil market. (04/10/2017)
- Research and Markets: Aluminum Sheet, Plate, and Foil Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2012 Edition] - LLC's new report "Aluminum Sheet, Plate, and Foil Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2012 Edition]" to their offering. This 2012 publication of Aluminum Sheet, Plate, and Foil Manufacturing Industry report is the comprehensive ... (01/11/2012)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $4,925,567 on Aluminum Sheet, Plate & Foil Manufacturing. It has awarded 170 contracts to 41 companies, with an average value of $120,136 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Aluminum plate made in integrated secondary smelting and continuous casting mills, Aluminum welded tube made by flat rolling purchased aluminum, Foil, aluminum, made in integrated secondary smelting and flat rolling mills, Aluminum plate made in integrated secondary smelting and flat rolling mills, Plate, made by continuous casting purchased aluminum, Aluminum welded tube made in integrated secondary smelting and flat rolling mills, Sheet, Aluminum plate made by flat rolling purchased aluminum, made in integrated secondary smelting and continuous casting mills, Aluminum sheet made in integrated secondary smelting and flat rolling mills, Tube, welded, Aluminum foil made in integrated secondary smelting and flat rolling mills, Aluminum foil made by flat rolling purchased aluminum, Aluminum plate made by continuous casting purchased aluminum, Aluminum sheet made by flat rolling purchased aluminum, made by flat rolling purchased aluminum, etc.