|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Armored Car Services
Overview: the U.S. Armored Car Services IndustryCompanies and governments rely on armored car services to transport their most valuable assets—cash and leadership. Even during times of economic change, these needs remain constant, offering the industry access to all segments of business market.
The industry is led by a handful of providers, with other smaller companies operating in limited markets. Cash carriers serve the financial and retail industries and gain a competitive advantage by also offering currency processing and management for customers. As retailers actively seek more efficient and safer cash solutions, the cash management segment of the industry is expected to grow and potentially eclipse car services.
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Armored Car Services:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Armored Car Services industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Armored Car Services
Armored Car Transportation Of Cash And Valuables (Except For Automated Teller Machines)
Armored Car Automated Teller Machine Services
Cash Handling And Management Services For Business
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Armored Car Services company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Armored Car Services industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Armored Car Services measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Protective Service Occupations||93%|
|Other Protective Service Workers||89%|
|Security Guards and Gaming Surveillance Officers||87%|
Armored Car Services Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- ‘Bro, my dad arranged a $20B deal and you can’t spot me?’ Tape captures Netanyahu’s son seeking money - Yair Netanyahu was recorded while cruising between strip clubs in downtown Tel Aviv in a government-supplied armored car with one of the sons of Isramco ... Along with them was another friend, a secret-service agent and a driver. Amid raunchy jokes about ... (01/09/2018)
- A car built for the Führer: Hitler's 1939 armor-plated 'super Mercedes' that carried him past cheering Berlin crowds after victory in France then seized by the US Army in 1945 ... - armor plating protecting the body sides of the 770K and underneath the vehicle and an armored panel at the rear of the car could be raised or lowered depending upon the perceived threat level. Despite the seeming urgency for the Führer's car ... (12/28/2017)
- Would-be robber shot by armored car driver after sledgehammer attack - The FBI said a driver employed by Garda armored car services was making a delivery at a Currency Exchange. After the employee exited the armored car with a bag in his hand, a suspect, described as a black male wearing a reflective vest, struck the Garda ... (09/30/2017)
- Armored car employee stole deposit in Ann Arbor, police say - Dewberry is accused of taking a deposit bag from a restaurant while he was working for an armored car service on June 20, according to Ann Arbor police Sgt. Earle Fox. The manager of the restaurant, located in the 2300 block of West Stadium Boulevard of ... (07/28/2017)
- Blackburn: Centralized accounts, armored car a 'dire necessity' - The possibility of contracting with an armored-car service has become a sore point among Brevard County School Board members, who once again butted heads over the issue at a workshop Thursday. The school district's chief financial officer Pennie Zuercher ... (07/28/2017)
- Combine Solicitation – Armored Car Service - I. GENERAL INFORMATION The 42nd Contracting Squadron, 50 LeMay Plaza, Bldg. 804, Maxwell AFB, Alabama has a requirement to purchase Armored Car Services as described in this document. This is a streamlined combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial ... (07/15/2014)
- U.S. heat on armored car firms to drop pot clubs? - The Obama administration has pressured landlords, banks and credit card companies to cut off services to medical marijuana dispensaries. Now the administration may have found a new target: armored car companies that carry cash for the pot clubs. (08/24/2013)
- Armored Car Service Robbery Solved - This item appeared in the paper as a stand alone photograph. Caption information is provided below. Photo: An F.B.I. agent guarded $8 million in cash yesterday at the bureau's office in Manhattan during a news conference announcing arrests and the recovery ... (02/04/1993)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $4,935,760 on Armored Car Services. It has awarded 348 contracts to 50 companies, with an average value of $98,715 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Armored car services, etc.