|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Automobile Brake System Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Automobile Brake System Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Automobile Brake System Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Automobile Brake System Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Automobile Brake System Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Automobile Brake System Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Automobile Brake System Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Automobile Brake System Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||8%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||7%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||27%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||23%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||23%|
|Other Production Occupations||8%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||6%|
Automobile Brake System Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Hitachi Automotive Systems and Clarion Announce the Development of "Park-by-Memory" - Moving forward, the companies will aim for the initial adoption of this system through proposals to automotive manufacturers ... Clarion's external recognition technology with steering and brake actuators and integrated vehicle control technology provided ... (01/10/2018)
- Ossia Forms Joint Venture with Motherson Innovations to Bring Real Wireless Power™ to the Automobile - About Samvardhana Motherson Group Samvardhana Motherson Group is a diversified global group serving the global automotive industry. The Group provides full system solutions right from product design to prototyping, tool manufacturing, moulding and assembly ... (01/10/2018)
- Chassis Brakes International To Begin Production In NAFTA Region - KTVN Channel 2 - Reno Tahoe Sparks News, Weather, Video - Jan. 9, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Chassis Brakes International, one of the world's largest manufacturers of automotive brake systems and components, will begin production of brake calipers and rotors at a new plant in Queretaro, Mexico, for two major ... (01/09/2018)
- Hitachi Automotive Systems and Clarion Announce the Development of "Park-by-Memory" Advanced Autonomous Parking Technology that Remembers the Local Environment Around Home ... - Moving forward, the companies will aim for the initial adoption of this system through proposals to automotive manufacturers ... s external recognition technology with steering and brake actuators and integrated vehicle control technology provided by ... (01/08/2018)
- Global Automotive Autonomous Emergency Braking Systems Industry Sales, Revenue, Gross Margin, Market Share, by Regions (2012-2022) - The will chart the course for a more comprehensive organization and discernment of the competition situation in the Automotive Autonomous Emergency Braking Systems market. As this will help manufacturers and investors alike, to have a better understanding ... (01/07/2018)
- Global Automotive Electronic Braking System (EBS) Market Industry Trend,Analysis,Growth, Demands and Manufacturers in 2022 - The Research begins with the Overview of Global Automotive Electronic Braking System (EBS) Market Analyzing Industrial Chain, Sourcing Strategy and Downstream Buyers. The Research also Provide Information about Manufacturers, Market Competition , Cost ... (12/01/2017)
- Automotive Braking System Market - Demand for Adaptive Brakes to Boost Sales | Technavio - View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171019005855/en/ The increasing electrification of the components in a vehicle will promote development in the automotive braking system market. The manufacturers are offering electronic ... (10/19/2017)
- Auto braking systems rated - Euro NCAP, the crash test organisation, has released results of its tests on the latest Automous Emergency Braking (AEB) systems, which can slow or even stop a car if it senses a ... However, we compliment the manufacturers of the systems in today ... (10/29/2013)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $2,386,680 on Automobile Brake System Manufacturing. It has awarded 179 contracts to 64 companies, with an average value of $37,292 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Brake drums, automotive, truck, and bus, manufacturing, Brake cylinders, master and wheel, Brake caliper assemblies, Cylinders, master brake (new and rebuilt), Brake hose assemblies manufacturing, Brake pads and shoes, Brake discs (rotor), Hydraulic slave cylinders, and bus clutch, Calipers, brake, Brake shoes and pads, asbestos, Air brake systems and parts, Vacuum brake booster, Brake and brake parts, etc.