|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Motor Vehicle Parts Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Motor Vehicle Parts Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Motor Vehicle Parts Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Motor Vehicle Parts Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Motor Vehicle Parts Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Motor Vehicle Parts Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Motor Vehicle Parts Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Motor Vehicle Parts Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||8%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||7%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||27%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||23%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||23%|
|Other Production Occupations||8%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||6%|
Motor Vehicle Parts Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Holley Performance Products||252|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Automobiles lobby Siam asks govt to pare customs duty on import of some EV parts - The Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (Siam)—a lobby group of vehicle makers—has ... but a battery and electric motor, both CKD and SKD need to be defined. “If we have to make EVs, then certain critical parts like lithium-ion batteries ... (01/12/2018)
- A year into Trump presidency, U.S. auto manufacturing jobs down slightly - “Overall, we’ve flattened out if not come down a little bit in the auto industry.” Motor vehicle and parts manufacturing employment in the U.S. declined from 788,900 in December 2016 to 783,200 in November 2017, Dziczek noted. “There were no big ... (01/12/2018)
- Auto Industry Faces declining demand from U.S. Consumers - Canada’s motor vehicle manufacturing industry is facing declining demand from ... are that the U.S. will seek to adjust the current rules of origin for autos and parts in the ongoing North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) renegotiation. (01/11/2018)
- Alabama Site For for New Mazda Toyota JV U.S. Auto Manufacturing Plant +VIDEO - Mazda Motor Corporation is responsible for Mazda’s operations on a global basis, including all aspects of manufacturing ... marketing, parts and customer service support of Mazda vehicles in the United States and Mexico through nearly 600 dealers. (01/11/2018)
- Auto Manufacturing's Slowdown Could Trouble Some U.S. Regions - ... of Employment and Wages does not report total auto manufacturing jobs, but rather estimates for narrower related industries. The three industries referenced in this report include motor vehicle parts manufacturing (NAICS 3363), motor vehicle body and ... (07/13/2017)
- Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association Voices Strong Positions In Lead Up NAFTA Discussions - NAFTA fostered a 19 percent increase in motor vehicle parts manufacturing jobs in the U.S. over the last five years. Free and fair trade is imperative for a strong domestic supplier industry. “MEMA members operate in a global industry with suppliers ... (06/14/2017)
- Research and Markets: All Other Motor Vehicle Parts Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its Foreign Trade 2012-2016 - LLC's new report "All Other Motor Vehicle Parts Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its Foreign Trade" to their offering. This latest All Other Motor Vehicle Parts Manufacturing Industry report provides the most updated market research on the industry. (12/06/2012)
- Cars, parts makers want all-out local manufacturing - The council is composed of the Motor Vehicle Parts Manufacturing Association of the Philippines, Ford Motor Corp. Philippines, Honda Cars Philippines Inc, Isuzu Philippines Corp., Mitsubishi Motors Philippines Corp. and Toyota Motor Philippines Corp. In ... (02/07/2012)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $212,828,367 on Motor Vehicle Parts Manufacturing. It has awarded 6,235 contracts to 1,211 companies, with an average value of $175,746 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|