|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Aircraft Engine & Engine Parts Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Aircraft Engine & Engine Parts Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Aircraft Engine & Engine Parts Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Aircraft Engine & Engine Parts Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Turbine And Turbine Generator Set Units Manufacturing
Turbines, Turbine Generators, And Turbine Generator Sets (Including Parts)
Aircraft Engine And Engine Parts Manufacturing
Civilian Aircraft Engines
Aircraft Engine Parts And Accessories
Aircraft Engine And Engine Parts Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Other Aircraft Parts And Auxiliary Equipment Manufacturing
Aircraft Parts And Auxiliary Equipment, Excluding Hydraulic And Pneumatic Subassemblies And Engines
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
Miscellaneous Receipts, Including Receipts For Repair Work, Sales Of Scrap And Refuse.
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Aircraft Engine & Engine Parts Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Aircraft Engine & Engine Parts Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Aircraft Engine & Engine Parts Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Aircraft Engine & Engine Parts Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Aircraft Engine & Engine Parts Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||11%|
|Business Operations Specialists||9%|
|Computer and Mathematical Occupations||9%|
|Software Developers and Programmers||5%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||21%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||7%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||8%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||12%|
|Aircraft Structure, Surfaces, Rigging, and Systems Assemblers||7%|
|Aircraft Structure, Surfaces, Rigging, and Systems Assemblers||7%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||11%|
|Other Production Occupations||7%|
Aircraft Engine & Engine Parts Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|New England Airfoil Products|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Renault to be more "draconian" in engine quality control - Renault will focus on strict quality control of parts for its 2018 ... performance from its engine. He also said new limits for 2018, which will restrict each driver to three engines for 21 races, will force all manufacturers to prioritise reliability ... (01/10/2018)
- Tata group, GE partner to make aircraft engine components in India - New Delhi: Tata group and General Electric Co. (GE) have signed an agreement to build a new factory in Hyderabad to make engine ... C-130 tail. Aircraft maker Boeing Co. is in the process of shifting its Apache attack helicopter manufacturing to TASL ... (01/10/2018)
- Discover the Global aircraft engine & parts sales industry forecast 2013-2025 - The will chart the course for a more comprehensive organization and discernment of the competition situation in the Aircraft Engine & Parts Sales market. As this will help manufacturers and investors alike, to have a better understanding of the direction ... (01/09/2018)
- Additive Manufacturing Could Disrupt A Lot of Aerospace Markets - Additive manufacturing can make some parts “better, faster ... So additive is coming, both to new engines and other aircraft components, and eventually to the aftermarket as well. Will the larger, more complex parts built with additive be more expensive ... (01/08/2018)
- GE’s Advanced Turboprop Engine Completes First Run - engine is aimed at business and general (BGA) aircraft in the 1,000-1,600 SHP range. The developer claims its design introduces 79 new technologies in turboprop design. Additive manufacturing of parts reduced the new engine’s weight by 5% and contributes ... (12/28/2017)
- GE Aviation's 3D printed Advanced Turboprop engine passes first test in Prague - Additive manufacturing has enabled GE to combine 855 separate parts of the engine into just 12 ... GE’s new civilian turboprop engine, made for use in commercial aircraft, has been built with “dozens” of new technologies, including additive ... (12/28/2017)
- Global Commercial Internal Combustion Engines Manufacturing Mark - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports - By Segment Motor Vehicle Gasoline Engine and Engine Parts Manufacturing Aircraft Engine and Engine Parts Manufacturing Other Engine Equipment Manufacturing 8: Internal Combustion Engine Regional and Country Analysis Global Internal Combustion Engine Market ... (12/12/2017)
- Manufacturers making progress with diesel-powered airplane engines - As a result, airplane manufacturers ... Diesel aircraft engines take Jet-A fuel, the same fuel used by airliners, commuter jets, business jets and military fighter aircraft. Whether leaded or unleaded, availability of aviation gasoline in some parts ... (09/13/2014)
- Research and Markets: United States Aircraft Engine and Engine Parts Manufacturing Industry and its International Trade 2014 Edition - LLC's new report "Aircraft Engine and Engine Parts Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2014 Edition]" to their offering. The Aircraft Engine and Engine Parts Manufacturing Industry report contains the most recent data and ... (05/28/2014)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $5,879,346,421 on Aircraft Engine & Engine Parts Manufacturing. It has awarded 3,558 contracts to 393 companies, with an average value of $14,960,169 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Aircraft engine and engine parts (except carburetors, pistons, piston rings, valves) manufacturing, Internal combustion engines, aircraft, manufacturing, Engines and engine parts, aircraft (except carburetors, valves), Gasoline engine parts (except carburetors, Gas turbines, Aircraft turbines manufacturing, Aircraft engine rebuilding, Rocket engines, Jet propulsion and internal combustion engines and parts, Developing and producing prototypes for aircraft engines and engine parts, Aircraft engine overhauling, Gasoline engines, etc.