|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Military Armored Vehicle, Tank & Tank Component Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Military Armored Vehicle, Tank & Tank Component Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Military Armored Vehicle, Tank & Tank Component Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Military Armored Vehicle, Tank & Tank Component Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Military Armored Vehicle, Tank, And Tank Component Manufacturing
Military Armored Vehicles, Tanks, And Tank Components
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Military Armored Vehicle, Tank & Tank Component Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Military Armored Vehicle, Tank & Tank Component Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Military Armored Vehicle, Tank & Tank Component Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||5%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||6%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||31%|
|Structural Metal Fabricators and Fitters||5%|
|Structural Metal Fabricators and Fitters||5%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||25%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||15%|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Workers||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||6%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||7%|
|Material Moving Workers||6%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||6%|
Military Armored Vehicle, Tank & Tank Component Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|High Impact Technology||16|
|Granite Tactical Vehicles|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Army’s requirement of ‘theatre-wise’ tanks and vehicles could face development and logistical issues - In addition, the Future Infantry Combat Vehicle (FICV) will be the primary solution to the replacement of the army’s existing infantry combat vehicles. Army Chief General Bipin Rawat at a seminar on ‘Future Armoured Vehicles India 2017’ held here ... (11/16/2017)
- Indian Army issues fresh RFI for Future Ready Combat Vehicle - to develop and build 1,770 multipurpose Future Ready Combat Vehicles (FRCVs) for the Indian Army (IA) to replace the service’s ageing fleet of T-72 main battle tanks (MBTs). Issued on 8 November the RFI invites original equipment manufacturers (OEMs ... (11/08/2017)
- The U.S. Army Is Finally Getting a New Tank (Sort Of) - The latest upgraded version of the iconic Abrams Main Battle Tank has begun its slow roll off the assembly line, with the first of six M1A2 System Enhancement Package Version 3 production vehicles ... Manufacturing Center in Lima, Ohio and at the Anniston ... (10/13/2017)
- When Army's T-90 tanks, it's time to worry - The Indian Army plans to make its ... purchase of third-generation anti-tank missiles capable of hitting targets upto 8 km away during day or night. It has also approved $375 million for the purchase of armoured vehicle protection and counter-measure ... (08/25/2017)
- Tank show rolls into I-X Center as historical blast from the past (photos) - CLEVELAND, Ohio - A roaring, clanking blast from the past will be offered as the International Exposition Center returns to its roots as a former tank manufacturing ... M114 and M551 Sheridan armored vehicles. Additionally, military aircraft will be ... (06/21/2017)
- The US is looking at a major tank upgrade, but a weapon to counter it is already out there - The US Army is considering various systems to better shield tanks and armored ... Whenever US vehicles equipped with APS join similarly outfitted vehicles in the field, they will face a new challenge from an old foe, the RPG. Russian arms manufacturers ... (06/10/2017)
- Dana Incorporated marks purchase of U.S. Manufacturing at former Army Tank Plant in Warren - Dana Incorporated recently marked its pending purchase of U.S. Manufacturing ... production of American military tanks. During WWII, the facility produced a quarter of all tanks built in the U.S. It was used to produce armored vehicles until 1997. (03/07/2017)
- Grounded Arjun tanks to be operationalised soon - Now we are getting the components and the fleet will be operationalised in the coming months." The Army has inducted around 125 Arjun tanks developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation and manufactured by state owned Heavy Vehicles ... (01/11/2017)
- Army and Marines To Test Israeli-Built Missile-Killing Tank Defense System - The U.S. Army and Marine Corps will jointly test a so-called "active protection" system. These tanks and other armored vehicles will be fitted with ... The "soft" kill component of Trophy consists of jammers designed to jam radio signals providing steering ... (04/22/2016)
- Is India's Main Battle Tank Finally Doomed? - “The Indian Army is planning to design and develop a new generation, state-of-the-art combat vehicle platform for populating its armored fighting ... manufactured components. However, a decision to indigenously develop a new anti-tank missile to be ... (06/17/2015)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $3,830,642,119 on Military Armored Vehicle, Tank & Tank Component Manufacturing. It has awarded 2,290 contracts to 211 companies, with an average value of $18,154,702 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Armored military vehicles (except tanks) and parts manufacturing, Tanks, military (including factory rebuilding), manufacturing, Weapons, self-propelled, etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.