|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Boat Building
Overview: the U.S. Boat Building Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Boat Building:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Boat Building industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Motorboats, Outboard, Including Commercial And Military (Excluding Sailboats And Lifeboats)
Motorboats, Inboard, Cabin Cruisers, Including Commercial And Military (Excluding Sailboats And Lifeboats)
Boat Building, Not Categorized, Total
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
Miscellaneous Receipts, Including Receipts For Repair Work, Sales Of Scrap And Refuse.
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Boat Building Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Boat Building companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Boat Building company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Boat Building industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Boat Building measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||10%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||8%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||15%|
|Construction Trades Workers||13%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||12%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||9%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||22%|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Workers||13%|
|Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers||11%|
|Other Production Occupations||7%|
Boat Building Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Sportsman Boats Manufacturing|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- China Boat Show eyes Phuket marine industry - “Our primary target clients from the Phuket region are boatbuilders who want to buy boat-building equipment from suppliers in China,” a leading representative from the CIBS told The Phuket News. Also sought after are recognised brands in the marine ... (01/10/2018)
- In-build: 25.5m Eco Tender takes shape at Perini Navi - Italian yard Perini Navi has made swift progress on its recently announced Eco Tender project — as these first in-build photos show ... “The project grew out of discussions for a bigger sailing boat. What they really wanted was more flexible cabin ... (01/10/2018)
- Lawmaker seeks funds to help shipyard with submarine build - HARTFORD, Conn. — A state senator says Connecticut should help the General Dynamics Electric Boat shipyard in Groton meet the expected demand for more submarines. Democratic Sen. Cathy Osten of Sprague has filed proposed legislation that calls for ... (01/10/2018)
- MasterCraft Introduces Largest XT Crossover Boat, the XT25 - Completely customizable from bow-to-stern, consumers can visit www.mastercraft.com to configure their own XT25 using the build-your-own-boat interface. XT25 boats are available now through MasterCraft dealers. Product and lifestyle photography is available ... (01/09/2018)
- $1.5 Million Of Boats Destroyed In Indianapolis Building Fire - INDIANAPOLIS, IN — Indianapolis Fire Department officials are investigating how a winter storage facility used to house Just Add Water boats caught fire late Sunday night, destroying all 75. IFD says witnesses called 911 at 11:54 p.m. Sunday when they ... (01/09/2018)
- Winter outdoor, boat and RV show season kicks off: D'Arcy Egan - The Columbus Fishing Expo is Feb. 9-11 at the Ohio Expo Center's Bricker Building in Columbus. The Akron Boat & Watersports Show at John Knight Center in Akron and the Niles Sportsman's Fishing & Hunting Super Show and Sale at the Metroplex Expo Center in ... (01/08/2018)
- Jensen’s Proven Workboat Design Selected For NAVSEA New-Build - “We have worked closely with the build team to ensure maximum efficiency for vessel ... and a six-person life raft. The boat has been designed to American Boat and Yacht Council (ABYC) standards and meets the U.S. Navy’s stability requirements ... (01/08/2018)
- Nautique Unveils Its New "Design Your Nautique" Boat Builder for 2018 - With the ability to completely customize a new boat online, Design Your Nautique puts all the control into the customer’s hands with a multitude of color and design options for them to choose from. Building a 2018 Nautique is a fun experience with the ... (01/05/2018)
- Great Falls man is building a boat from scratch - Even though winter is here with sub-zero temperatures, Jeff and Yvonne Nicholas are thinking about sailing. Since May of 2013, Jeff has been building a sailboat by hand in his garage. "I didn't have any expertise on this when I started," he said. (01/01/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $228,290,942 on Boat Building. It has awarded 876 contracts to 204 companies, with an average value of $1,119,073 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Boats (i.e., suitable or intended for personal use) manufacturing, Boats, inflatable plastics (except toy-type), manufacturing, Boat yards (i.e., boat manufacturing facilities), Cabin cruiser, Inflatable rubber boats, heavy-duty, Underwater remotely operated vehicles (ROVs) manufacturing, Rigid inflatable boats (RIBs) manufacturing, Dories building, Rowboats manufacturing, Yacht building, not done in shipyards, Sailboat building, Air boat building, Hovercraft building, Motorboat, inboard or outboard, building, Inflatable plastic boats, Pleasure boats manufacturing, etc.