Motor Vehicle Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Motor Vehicle Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Motor Vehicle Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Motor Vehicle Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Motor Vehicle Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Motor Vehicle Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Motor Vehicle Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Motor Vehicle Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Motor Vehicle Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||0%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||56%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||55%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||8%|
|Other Production Occupations||9%|
Motor Vehicle Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Toyota Motor North America||1513|
|Nissan North America||496|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Innoson supplies Army with military vehicles to fight Boko Haram - The statement read, "To make good its promise, the Nigerian Army has started taking delivery of some of the vehicles it has ordered from Innoson Motor Manufacturing Company which it further configured fit for deployment into Operation LAFIYA DOLE theatre ... (01/15/2018)
- Hyundai Motor considering plant in Southeast Asia after China setback - Reuters quoted South Korea's Hyundai Motor as saying that it is considering building ... The automaker does not have a car manufacturing factory in Southeast Asia, although it has some pure assembly operations in Indonesia and Vietnam where cars are ... (01/15/2018)
- A year into Trump presidency, U.S. auto manufacturing jobs down slightly - “Overall, we’ve flattened out if not come down a little bit in the auto industry.” Motor vehicle and parts manufacturing employment in the U.S. declined from 788,900 in December 2016 to 783,200 in November 2017, Dziczek noted. “There were no big ... (01/12/2018)
- BorgWarner's Electric Motor and eGearDrive® Transmission Propel All-electric FUSO eCanter Trucks - Instead of conventional round wire windings, BorgWarner's HVH250 electric motor uses precision-formed rectangular ... hybrid and electric vehicles. With manufacturing and technical facilities in 64 locations in 17 countries, the company employs ... (01/11/2018)
- Toyota, Mazda to build $1.6bn JV manufacturing plant in US - The new plant will have the capacity to build 300,000 vehicles annually, with production split evenly ... located approximately 14 miles from Toyota's Alabama plant (Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Alabama, Inc.). The facility is expected to create up to ... (01/11/2018)
- Alabama Site For for New Mazda Toyota JV U.S. Auto Manufacturing Plant +VIDEO - engineering and efficient manufacturing, the company sells more than 1.55 million vehicles annually. Mazda Motor Corporation is responsible for Mazda’s operations on a global basis, including all aspects of manufacturing, research and development ... (01/11/2018)
- Hyundai's 2019 NEXO Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle Wins Reviewed.com Editor's Choice Award for CES 2018 - Hyundai vehicles are sold and serviced through more than 830 dealerships nationwide and the majority sold in the U.S. are built at U.S. manufacturing facilities, including Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama. Hyundai Motor America is headquartered in ... (01/11/2018)
- Hyundai Motor and Grab Sign Strategic Partnership to Expand Mobility Service - Hyundai Motor has eight manufacturing bases and seven design and technical centers worldwide and in 2017 sold about 4.7 million vehicles globally. With more than 110,000 employees worldwide, Hyundai Motor continues to enhance its product line-up with ... (01/11/2018)
- Hyundai Motor and Aurora Partner to Develop Level 4 Autonomous Vehicles by 2021 - "Aurora is excited to partner with Hyundai Motor to make the social benefits of self-driving available globally," said Dr. Chris Urmson, CEO of Aurora. "This partnership combines Hyundai's strengths in vehicle design, safety and manufacturing with Aurora's ... (01/04/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $1,686,064,301 on Motor Vehicle Manufacturing. It has awarded 32,820 contracts to 337 companies, with an average value of $5,003,158 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|