Motor Home Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Motor Home Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Motor Home Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Motor Home Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Motor Home Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Motor Home Manufacturing
Motor Homes, Produced On Purchased Chassis
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Motor Home Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Motor Home Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Motor Home Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Motor Home Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Motor Home Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||7%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||36%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||34%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||20%|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Workers||14%|
|Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers||13%|
|Other Production Occupations||8%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||6%|
Motor Home Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Study says Elkhart, Goshen lead nation in job creation - As business booms, expansions continue for the local manufacturing agency. “What’s fairly obvious in all of this, but perhaps not discussed, is the RV industry boom,” said Mark Dobson, president and CEO of the Economic Development Corporation of ... (01/13/2018)
- REV Group, Inc. (REVG) Reports Purchase of Lance Camper - today announced the acquisition of Lance Camper Manufacturing Corporation (“Lance Camper” or the “Company”). This acquisition enables REV to meaningfully enter the rapidly growing over $10 billion towables segment of the RV market by adding Lance ... (01/12/2018)
- REV Group Acquires Lance Camper - today announced the acquisition of Lance Camper Manufacturing Corporation (“Lance Camper” or the “Company”). This acquisition enables REV to meaningfully enter the rapidly growing over $10 billion towables segment of the RV market by adding Lance ... (01/12/2018)
- FireDisc Cookers is at Booth 3617 at the Archery Trade Association Show - Ideal for hunters, fishermen, campers, tailgaters, RV enthusiasts and outdoor lovers of all kind ... Texas-based FireDisc Cookers specializes in the design and manufacturing of the world’s most the innovative, high-quality and versatile, portable ... (01/12/2018)
- Manufacturing lifts India's November factory output by 8% - On a year-on-year basis, the manufacturing sector expanded by 10.2 per cent ... over the corresponding period of the previous year stands at 3.2 per cent." --IANS rv/dg (01/12/2018)
- Texas Department of Transportation commissioner billed taxpayers for trips while advocating for auto industry - Because Berkshire Hathaway Automotive’s parent company owns an RV manufacturing company called Forest River in Indiana, it appears to be barred from also owning Texas auto dealerships. The Department of Motor Vehicles has an ongoing enforcement case ... (01/10/2018)
- Texas taxpayers were billed for trips transportation commissioner took while advocating for auto dealers - Because Berkshire Hathaway Automotive's parent company owns an RV manufacturing company called Forest River in Indiana, it appears to be barred from also owning Texas auto dealerships. The Department of Motor Vehicles has an ongoing enforcement case ... (01/10/2018)
- How Elkhart Became The RV Capital of The World - This state's central location, skilled workforce, thriving business climate and manufacturing strength earned Indiana its status as the RV Capital of the World years ago, and today it’s the reason why after generations, Indiana continues to roll ahead of ... (06/01/2016)
- Shop Talk: RV manufacturing still going strong in Yakima with Adventurer - In the last few columns, I’ve been looking back at some major business developments over the years. But I realized I missed one key development when I heard from Jeff Gaskell. He read my column earlier this month on manufacturing jobs and wondered why I ... (03/20/2016)
- Winnebago will re-open Lane County RV plant - Winnebago Industries on Tuesday announced plans to open a manufacturing facility in Lane County. The Iowa-based recreational vehicle maker will move into the former Country Coach RV manufacturing plant in Junction City, The Register-Guard reported. (12/01/2015)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $1,258,182 on Motor Home Manufacturing. It has awarded 40 contracts to 11 companies, with an average value of $114,380 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Assembly line conversions of purchased vans and mini-vans, Motor homes, self-contained, assembling on purchased chassis, Van and minivan conversions on purchased chassis, etc.