|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Travel Trailer & Camper Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Travel Trailer & Camper Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Travel Trailer & Camper Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Travel Trailer & Camper Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Motor Home Manufacturing
Motor Homes, Produced On Purchased Chassis
Travel Trailer And Camper Manufacturing
Automobile And Light Truck Trailers
Travel Trailer And Camper Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Travel Trailer & Camper Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Travel Trailer & Camper Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Travel Trailer & Camper Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Travel Trailer & Camper Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Travel Trailer & Camper Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||7%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||36%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||34%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||20%|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Workers||14%|
|Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers||13%|
|Other Production Occupations||8%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||6%|
Travel Trailer & Camper Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Will Thor Industries Continue to Climb in 2018? - RV industry expansion is being driven by increased consumer ... And for those with longer holding periods, the company's backlog and manufacturing flexibility only add to its attractiveness going forward. Asit Sharma has no position in any of the stocks ... (01/10/2018)
- Texas taxpayers were billed for trips transportation commissioner took while advocating for auto dealers - Because Berkshire Hathaway Automotive's parent company owns an RV manufacturing company called Forest River in Indiana, it appears to be barred from also owning Texas auto dealerships. The Department of Motor Vehicles has an ongoing enforcement case ... (01/10/2018)
- Goodyear Treading Hot Water Over RV Tire Probe Lawsuit - Tire manufacturer Goodyear is in hot water in the wake of an investigation launched by federal safety officials on allegations that some older Goodyear motorhome tires are susceptible to fail and cause deadly crashes. The probe is being conducted by the ... (01/09/2018)
- BioPosture Names Savio Chan Chairman of Asian Operations - GARDEN CITY, N.Y., Jan. 8, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- RV Winkle LLC, (RVW) owner of the BioPosture brand, a United States manufacturer of mattresses and pillows marketed exclusively through the US healthcare community, announced today an agreement with US China ... (01/08/2018)
- Court Filing Alleges Nearly 100 Deaths or Injuries from Goodyear RV Tires - "There were at least 98 death or injury claims and well in excess of 600 property damage claims caused by G159 failures," according to a Jan. 9, 2017, filing with an Arizona superior court by attorneys for a Tucson family that claim their front RV tire ... (01/07/2018)
- RV sales motored on in 2017 - RV manufacturer Jayco, a Thor subsidiary, broke ground in February on several building projects it said would add more than 400,000 square feet of production space to its Middlebury campus and create more than 300 jobs. Thor acquired Jayco last year for $ ... (12/31/2017)
- Byerly RV, Eureka, Named Top 50 Dealer - ... about offering the highest quality customer experience in all aspects of the RV experience: sales, service, parts, and rental. This philosophy started with our manufacturing roots, our development into an RV parts resource for customers, and continues ... (12/11/2017)
- Family run Nokomis RV manufacturer paves own way to success - NOKOMIS — Within minutes of meeting Steve Gerzeny, vice president of a local motor home manufacturer, he wants to make one thing clear: Coach House is unique. It's not just that it sells its products through its own employees rather than dealers or that ... (08/28/2017)
- How Elkhart Became The RV Capital of The World - This state's central location, skilled workforce, thriving business climate and manufacturing strength earned Indiana its status as the RV Capital of the World years ago, and today it’s the reason why after generations, Indiana continues to roll ahead of ... (06/01/2016)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $7,996,312 on Travel Trailer & Camper Manufacturing. It has awarded 235 contracts to 97 companies, with an average value of $82,436 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Tent trailers (hard top and soft top) manufacturing, Utility trailers manufacturing, Horse trailers (except fifth-wheel-type) manufacturing, Boat transporter trailers, single-unit, manufacturing, Trailers for transporting horses (except fifth-wheel-type) manufacturing, Camping trailers and chassis manufacturing, Caps for pick-up trucks manufacturing, Trailers, camping, Truck campers (i.e., slide-in campers) manufacturing, Travel trailers, recreational, Automobile transporter trailers, single car, Pickup canopies, caps, or covers manufacturing, Camper units, slide-in, for pick-up trucks, etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.