|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Automobile Gasoline Engine & Engine Parts Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Automobile Gasoline Engine & Engine Parts Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Automobile Gasoline Engine & Engine Parts Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Automobile Gasoline Engine & Engine Parts Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Automobile Gasoline Engine & Engine Parts Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Automobile Gasoline Engine & Engine Parts Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Automobile Gasoline Engine & Engine Parts Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Automobile Gasoline Engine & Engine Parts Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||8%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||7%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||27%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||23%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||23%|
|Other Production Occupations||8%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||6%|
Automobile Gasoline Engine & Engine Parts Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Why your next car will be Chinese made - The German parts ... engines are on their way out, the mid-term is likely to see use of hybrid cars that can utilize both gasoline and electricity. As a result, SEG has developed a process it calls Boost Recuperation Machine or BRM that allows car ... (01/13/2018)
- APAC Tops the Automotive Powertrain Cooling System Market - Technavio - LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The global automotive powertrain ... cooling systems to maintain optimal engine temperature. Rising stringency of emission regulations and fuel-efficiency standards are driving vehicle manufacturers to maintain the production ... (01/12/2018)
- How to prepare your car for freezing temperatures - I'll show you a few products that will prepare your car for truly frigid temps, ensuring that it starts, potentially saving fuel and preventing damaging ... cords away from hot and moving parts toward the front of the engine compartment, or even through ... (01/12/2018)
- Global Automotive Engine Heater Market – Trends, Drivers, Challenges, and Vendor Analysis Through 2021 | Technavio - LONDON–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The global automotive ... The engine heater warms the engine block and as a result it warms the engine oil and coolant. This helps the oil and the coolant to thin out, which allows it to lubricate the engine's moving parts ... (01/11/2018)
- Hybrid 101: How engines and electricity work together - Gas or electric? Why not both? Over 20 years ago, the world's first, mass-produced hybrid car ... some manufacturers that combine the elements of the two. Dubbed either as power-split or series parallel, the electric motors are powered by the engine ... (01/11/2018)
- Global Commercial Internal Combustion Engines Manufacturing Mark - KTVN Channel 2 - Reno Tahoe Sparks News, Weather, Video - By Segment Motor Vehicle Gasoline Engine and Engine Parts Manufacturing Aircraft Engine and Engine Parts Manufacturing Other Engine Equipment Manufacturing 8: Internal Combustion Engine Regional and Country Analysis Global Internal Combustion Engine Market ... (12/12/2017)
- Global Commercial Internal Combustion Engines Manufacturing Mark - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports | - Product type include automobile engines, aircraft engines ... By Segment Motor Vehicle Gasoline Engine and Engine Parts Manufacturing Aircraft Engine and Engine Parts Manufacturing Other Engine Equipment Manufacturing 8: Internal Combustion Engine Regional ... (12/12/2017)
- Manufacturers making progress with diesel-powered airplane engines - As a result, airplane manufacturers are finding it increasingly difficult to attract buyers who are reluctant to buy an airplane when the future of the fuel that ... of parts, he said. “In some ways, putting a modified car engine in a plane is akin ... (09/13/2014)
- The Little Engine That Could Save You Big Money - Among the options are the 2014 versions of the Ford Fiesta SE and the Mini Cooper, as well as the BMW i8, a sleek new hybrid sports car ... engines are also lighter, which of course helps fuel efficiency, require fewer parts (which lowers manufacturing ... (06/02/2014)
- Toyota unveils new generation of fuel-efficient gasoline engines - The engines foreshadow the future direction of drivetrains under Toyota’s overhauled product development strategy. Dubbed Toyota New Global Architecture, or TNGA, the new approach aims to maximize common parts ... car should get 30 percent better fuel ... (04/10/2014)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $15,018,832 on Automobile Gasoline Engine & Engine Parts Manufacturing. It has awarded 3,126 contracts to 243 companies, with an average value of $61,806 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Governors for automotive gasoline engines manufacturing, Assembly line rebuilding of automotive and truck gasoline engines, Fuel pumps, mechanical, automotive and truck gasoline engine, manufacturing, Connecting rods, Crankshaft assemblies, Gasoline engine parts, automotive and truck, Engine intake and exhaust valves manufacturing, Internal combustion engines, automotive and truck gasoline, Engines and parts (except diesel), Engine block assemblies, Valves, engine, intake and exhaust, Carburetors, all types, Rocker arms and parts, Positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) valves, Manifolds (i.e., intake and exhaust), Timing gears and chains, Rings, piston, Cylinder heads, Fuel injection systems and parts, Bearings (e.g., camshaft, crankshaft, connecting rod), Flywheels and ring gears, Rebuilding automotive and truck gasoline engines, Pistons and piston rings manufacturing, Pumps (e.g., fuel, oil, water), automotive and truck gasoline engine (except power steering), Gasoline engines, etc.