Instant Download - Available immediately
Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Automobile & Light Duty Auto Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Automobile & Light Duty Auto Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Automobile & Light Duty Auto Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Automobile & Light Duty Auto Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Automobile & Light Duty Auto Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Automobile & Light Duty Auto Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Automobile & Light Duty Auto Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Automobile & Light Duty Auto Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||0%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||56%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||55%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||8%|
|Other Production Occupations||9%|
Automobile & Light Duty Auto Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Oakwood Energy Management||12|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Mazda, Toyota Select Alabama for New U.S. Auto Manufacturing Plant - The State of Alabama is the fifth largest producer of cars and light trucks nationally with a strong automotive manufacturing presence including Toyota's engine plant in Huntsville, where Toyota employs 1,400 team members. With more than 150 Tier 1 and 2 ... (01/13/2018)
- Top 3 Trends in the Global Automotive Fuel Injector Market - Technavio - LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Technavio’s latest market research report on the global automotive fuel injector market provides ... which is a powertrain for a future light-duty vehicle. This engine can be used in cars and light trucks and has a two-cylinder ... (01/12/2018)
- Auto efficiency makes gains, but falls short of targets - WASHINGTON (AP) — New government data shows gas mileage for 2016 model year light-duty vehicles sold in the United ... Though those numbers fell well below the targets EPA had set for the auto industry, the agency touted the overall direction of the ... (01/12/2018)
- Automotive Adhesives and Sealants – Bonding for Betterment of Automobile Industry, to Witness a CAGR of 7.9% during 2017 – 2023 - Further technological advancement in the operation of adhesives and significantly growing automotive industry in Asia-Pacific developing ... Others), by Vehicle Type (Passenger Cars, Light Commercial Vehicle, Heavy duty vehicles, others), and by region ... (01/11/2018)
- 2017 Emission Control Technologies In Automotive & Transportation - This research service, titled Emission Control Technologies in Automotive & Transportation (TechVision), provides an overview of types of emission control technologies, its advantages, limitations and applications amongst light-duty diesel and gasoline ... (01/09/2018)
- Global Automotive Rocker Arm Market 2017-2021 - Rising Demand for EVs to Undermine the Need for Rocker Arms - The "Global Automotive Rocker Arm Market 2017-2021" report has been ... for last mile delivery and the subsequent increase in the use of heavy, medium, and light-duty vehicles in emerging countries, such as China and India, will see less share of rail ... (01/03/2018)
- Automotive Collision Repair Market 2017 - Light duty vehicle repair demand worth $150bn by 2022 - Incorporation of these reliable technologies in vehicles will restrain the industry demand. Improving highways and roadways infrastructure will lower the crash rate, which in turn will negatively affect the automotive collision repair market growth. (09/11/2017)
- Made in America: Jeep, Ford, Honda models rank as the biggest domestic drivers of the auto industry - Over the index's 11-year history, the number of models meeting our original criteria has fallen due to the globalization of automobile manufacturing ... and high U.S. manufacturing jobs supported per vehicle. More than 120 light-duty passenger vehicles ... (06/29/2017)
- Northeast Ohio auto industry reflects strong trend in light-duty trucks, crossovers and SUVs - Across Northeast Ohio going into 2017, sport utility vehicles, crossover vehicles and light-duty trucks continue to emerge victorious with nearly commanding sales, practically solidifying the trend that these remain the go-to automobiles of purchase ... (01/25/2017)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $1,418,797,239 on Automobile & Light Duty Auto Manufacturing. It has awarded 30,766 contracts to 261 companies, with an average value of $5,436,005 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.