Instant Download - Available immediately
Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Automobile Seating & Interior Trim Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Automobile Seating & Interior Trim Manufacturing IndustryWith car sales rebounding, auto seating and interior trim manufacturers are expected to begin to recover. Integrating new technologies to reduce costs and maintain safety will be key to competitive advantage.
Automobile seating manufacturers are working to increase comfort and safety, while reducing costs, vehicle weight and space. Seats are designed to maintain the driver’s optimum position to reduce the occurrences of whiplash in the event of an accident. With increased fuel costs and greater awareness of fuel consumption’s impact on the environment, auto manufacturers are investing in lightweight building technologies. Seating manufacturers that provide products that meet that demand are more competitive in the market. Reducing costs is of equal importance for interior trim manufacturing. To achieve the desired appearance and reduce scratching, manufacturers must use a labor and time intensive coatings process.
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Automobile Seating & Interior Trim Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Automobile Seating & Interior Trim Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Automobile Seating & Interior Trim Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Automobile Seating & Interior Trim Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Automobile Seating & Interior Trim Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Automobile Seating & Interior Trim Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||8%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||7%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||27%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||23%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||23%|
|Other Production Occupations||8%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||6%|
Automobile Seating & Interior Trim Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Shield Restraint Systems||9|
|Schroth Safety Products||8|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- A Manual Toyota Yaris iA Is Secretly A Super Fun Car - That’s actually a wonderful thing, if you can get past the oddly angular rebranded front end of the car. The interior is more ... And there’s only one trim option for this car, so if you don’t like blue and black cloth seats, you’re out of luck. (01/11/2018)
- 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLS SUV receives new top-tier Grand Edition trim level - Mercedes-Benz’s largest, grandest SUV gets even more opulent thanks to the all-new Grand Edition trim level. Debuting on the 2018 GLS-Class at next week’s Detroit Auto Show, the Grand Edition features exterior and interior upgrades to GLS 450 and GLS ... (01/09/2018)
- Passenger Car Sensors Global Market Gearing Up To Witness Radical Growth By 2022 - Global Passenger Car Sensors Market, by Sensor Type (Pressure, Temperature, Speed and other), by Application (Powertrain/ Drivetrain, Exhaust, Interior/Comfort ... to be mandatorily equipped with airbags, seat-belt reminders, reverse parking sensors ... (01/09/2018)
- Top 5 Vendors in the Global Automotive Upholstery Market - Technavio - TOYOTA BOSHOKU manufactures and sells automotive interior products and ... The company supplies door trim, seats, headliners, substrates, carpets, and air and oil filters to a variety of automobile manufacturers, including Toyota and General Motors. (01/05/2018)
- Top 5 Vendors in the Global Automotive Seat Control Module Market - Technavio - View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180103005466/en/ Competitive vendor landscape At present, the automotive seat control module market is characterized by the presence of a few global manufacturers. But, the US and Europe ... (01/03/2018)
- Automotive seat massage systems examined in new market research report - Other Prominent Vendors in the market are: Alba Automotive Services, AUTOMOTIVE CONCEPTS, Champion Seat Systems, Conair, DONMAR Enterprises, Faurecia, Leggett & Platt, The Miami, Miller Auto & Truck Accessories, and Treadwell Auto Trim. Commenting on the ... (01/02/2018)
- Adient agrees to purchase automotive seating supplier Futuris Group - is a global designer and manufacturer of fully integrated automotive seating and interior systems. It operates 15 facilities in North America and Asia. The company provides full seating systems, seat frames, seat trim, headrests, armrests and seat bolsters. (08/21/2017)
- JCI plans spin-off of auto seating, interiors units - To prepare for the spinoff, the seating operation will launch a cost-cutting campaign. The company already had solved some of the automotive unit’s knottiest problems. The biggest headache was the interior trim operation, which produces door panels ... (07/24/2015)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $13,133,432 on Automobile Seating & Interior Trim Manufacturing. It has awarded 110 contracts to 54 companies, with an average value of $243,212 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Automobile seat frames, metal, manufacturing, Automobile seat covers manufacturing, Motor vehicle trimmings manufacturing, Tire covers made from purchased fabric, Transportation equipment seating manufacturing, Motor vehicle interior systems (e.g., headliners, panels, seats, trims) manufacturing, Motor vehicle seats manufacturing, Seat belts, motor vehicle and aircraft, Railroad seating manufacturing, Seats, railroad, Seats for public conveyances, Motor vehicle seats, metal framed, Aircraft seats manufacturing, Automobile trimmings, textile, etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.