|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Automobile Steering & Suspension Components Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Automobile Steering & Suspension Components Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Automobile Steering & Suspension Components Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Automobile Steering & Suspension Components Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Automobile Steering & Suspension Components Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Automobile Steering & Suspension Components Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Automobile Steering & Suspension Components Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Automobile Steering & Suspension Components Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||8%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||7%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||27%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||23%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||23%|
|Other Production Occupations||8%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||6%|
Automobile Steering & Suspension Components Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- GM Will Launch Robocars Without Steering Wheels Next Year - And it has flexed its manufacturing ... that require things like steering wheels. So GM has officially asked the federal Department of Transportation to exempt these vehicles from certain parts of the rules that govern automotive safety. (01/12/2018)
- SORL Auto Parts Won Supplier Awards from Leading Truck OEMs in China - ZHEJIANG, China, Jan. 11, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- SORL Auto Parts, Inc. (NASDAQ ... We have made significant improvements in our product performance and manufacturing to provide higher quality and better service to meet the demands of our OEM and aftermarket ... (01/11/2018)
- Book Review: Understanding Automotive Electronics: An Engineering Perspective, Eighth Edition - Electrical engineers who want to be involved in the automotive industry should ... antilock braking systems, electronic suspension, electronic steering control, and traction control. Some of the components of the subsystems discussed in Chapter 7 are ... (01/04/2018)
- Automotive suspension system market analysis and forecasts to 2021 illuminated by new report - The pushrod actuated torsion bar creates space for giant aero passages by moving the other major components of the suspension system inboard owing to the aerodynamic design of the vehicle. Major key players in the global automotive suspension system market ... (01/03/2018)
- Automotive Decorative Exterior Trim Market worth $27bn by 2024: Global Market Insights, Inc. - Shifting preference of manufacturers towards ... delivering quality products. Automotive Aftermarket Size By Vehicle Part (Replacement Parts [Belt, Brake, Clutch, Lighting, Electrical, Engine & AC, Exhaust, Filters, Suspension, Transmission, Wiper ... (01/03/2018)
- Electric vehicles: how will it impact smaller auto component manufacturers? - The companies that will deal with battery manufacturing ... of the auto-component industry. Engine parts contributes the highest In terms of segments, the contribution of engine parts to total production is the highest followed by drive and steering ... (09/06/2017)
- BizVibe Announces Their List of Top 10 Auto Parts Manufacturers in India - BizVibe is home to more than 110,000 automobile companies around the world including many in India. In a recent article titled Top 10 Auto Parts Manufacturers ... Its product portfolio includes steering gear products, suspension and steering linkage ... (06/29/2017)
- Understanding Your Car's Suspension System - If steering is about controlling the directional ... essential to make sure the suspension system in your car is up to par. Most car manufacturers today use similar suspension components - springs, shock absorbers, struts and metal arms - combined in ... (08/30/1990)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $1,245,363 on Automobile Steering & Suspension Components Manufacturing. It has awarded 86 contracts to 47 companies, with an average value of $26,497 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Rack and pinion steering assemblies manufacturing, Steering boxes, manual and power assist, manufacturing, Wheels, steering, automotive, truck, and bus, Power steering hose assemblies manufacturing, Power steering pumps manufacturing, Struts, Automotive, truck and bus suspension assemblies and parts (except springs) manufacturing, Steering wheels, Steering columns, Shock absorbers, truck and bus steering assemblies and parts manufacturing, etc.