Automobile Transmission & Power Train Parts Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Automobile Transmission & Power Train Parts Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Automobile Transmission & Power Train Parts Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Automobile Transmission & Power Train Parts Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Automobile Transmission & Power Train Parts Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Automobile Transmission & Power Train Parts Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Automobile Transmission & Power Train Parts Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Automobile Transmission & Power Train Parts Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Automobile Transmission & Power Train Parts Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||8%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||7%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||27%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||23%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||23%|
|Other Production Occupations||8%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||6%|
Automobile Transmission & Power Train Parts Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|P. G. S.|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- A year into Trump presidency, U.S. auto manufacturing jobs down slightly - “On the net, we’re down this year in automotive jobs that tie closely to production” in the U.S., she said. “Overall, we’ve flattened out if not come down a little bit in the auto industry.” Motor vehicle and parts manufacturing employment in ... (01/12/2018)
- SORL Auto Parts Won Supplier Awards from Leading Truck OEMs in China - ZHEJIANG, China, Jan. 11, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- SORL Auto Parts, Inc. (NASDAQ ... We have made significant improvements in our product performance and manufacturing to provide higher quality and better service to meet the demands of our OEM and aftermarket ... (01/11/2018)
- Toyota’s Latest Concept Car is Absolutely Stunning - The concept features mostly the same main parts found on the TS050 Hybrid race car that competes in the WEC, including the V6 twin-turbo hybrid powertrain ... Mazda Join Forces for New Manufacturing Plant in Alabama Unfortunately, not very many details ... (01/10/2018)
- Global Automotive Stamped Components Market - Top 5 Vendors by Technavio - LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Technavio has announced the top five leading vendors in their recent global automotive stamped ... links the body and the powertrain and carries the load of the vehicle. Mechanisms products include parts like the hood, side and ... (01/10/2018)
- American Powertrain Expands Distribution - American Powertrain, one of the world’s largest TREMEC dealers and manufacturers of muscle car transmission systems and related components, has announced that the company’s products are now available at Original Parts Group Inc. (OPGI). OPGI is one of ... (09/29/2017)
- Global and China Automotive Transmission Markets, 2021 - The market demand for transmission, one of essential automotive parts, has direct bearing on the development of the automobile industry. According to China Association of Automobile Manufacturers (CAAM), the country's auto production and sales hit all-time ... (09/20/2017)
- Automobile Manufacturing Has Been Consistently Outpacing Average Global Industrial Output - The cyclical upswing in the global auto industry accelerated in August at ... WBC), which supplies braking and transmission systems to manufacturers and for the parts aftermarket, expects sales to climb as much as 8 percent this year. (09/11/2013)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $98,570,514 on Automobile Transmission & Power Train Parts Manufacturing. It has awarded 377 contracts to 130 companies, with an average value of $758,235 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Scattershield, engine, manufacturing, Differential and rear axle assemblies, automotive, truck, and bus, Assembly line rebuilding of automotive, and bus transmissions, Gears (e.g., crown, pinion, spider), Drive shafts and half shafts, Automatic transmissions, Axle bearings, Pressure and clutch plate assemblies, Universal joints, Constant velocity joints, Clutches and clutch discs, asbestos, Transaxles, Transmissions and parts, Joints, universal, Torque converters, etc.