Instant Download - Available immediately
Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Carbon & Graphite Product Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Carbon & Graphite Product Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Carbon & Graphite Product Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Carbon & Graphite Product Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Carbon And Graphite Product Manufacturing
Carbon And Graphite Electrodes For Electric Furnaces And Electrolytic Cell Use
All Other Carbon And Graphite Products, Including Carbon And Graphite Fibers, Brushes, Brush Plates, Contacts, Excluding Refract
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Carbon & Graphite Product Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Carbon & Graphite Product Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Carbon & Graphite Product Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Carbon & Graphite Product Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Carbon & Graphite Product Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||9%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||23%|
|Electrical, Electronics, and Electromechanical Assemblers||13%|
|Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers||11%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||10%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||18%|
|Other Production Occupations||8%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||6%|
|Material Moving Workers||5%|
Carbon & Graphite Product Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Applied Nanostructured Solutions|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- The global ultra-high power graphite market size to reach 1.1 million metric tons by the end of 2023 - Moreover, growing manufacturing ... of SGL Carbon, Graphite India, Showa Denko Carbon, Schutz Carbon Electrodes and GrafTech International. The profiling enfolds key information of the companies which encompasses business overview, products and services ... (01/10/2018)
- The Global Ultra-High Power (UHP) Graphite Market is Estimated to Reach 1.1 Million Metric Tons by the End of 2023, according to Research Nester - Moreover, growing manufacturing ... of SGL Carbon, Graphite India, Showa Denko Carbon, Schutz Carbon Electrodes and GrafTech International. The profiling enfolds key information of the companies which encompasses business overview, products and services ... (01/10/2018)
- Graphite Additive Manufacturing on slashing lead times in SLS 3D printing - The bureau is now capable of manufacturing multiple graphite and carbon parts in a week, with production times for some parts now under 24 hours. The new SLS 3D printer is delivered. Photo via Graphite AM. A range of end-use applications Graphite AM has ... (01/05/2018)
- Impermeable Carbon Graphite Market Size, Share Analysis by Manufacturers, Regions, Type and Application to 2022 - It shows manufacturing capacity, Impermeable Carbon Graphite Price during the Forecast period from 2017 to 2022. Impermeable Carbon Graphite Market report also gives in depth analysis of major manufactures by analysing Production and Sales Market Comparison. (11/24/2017)
- Tokai Carbon : to increase prices of Speciality Graphite Products - The escalating raw material price and energy cost, although is now difficult to absorb only by our production ... 2017 TOKAI CARBON: Acquisition of Shares in U.S. Subsidiary of SGL GE, a Graphite El.. 2017 TOKAI CARBON: Thai Carbon Black Manufacturing ... (06/26/2017)
- Saint Jean Carbon Enters into an Exclusive North American Agreement to Market and Sell Synthetic Graphite - The Company employs 260 people and produces a range of high purity synthetic products (ie. typically 95-99.9%C) for use in traditional industrial sectors such as steel manufacturing ... all kinds of graphite products including carbon raisers, Graphitized ... (01/22/2014)
- Research and Markets: Carbon and Graphite Product Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and Its International Trade [2010 Year-End Edition] - LLC's new report "Carbon and Graphite Product Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2010 Year-End Edition]" to their offering. This December publication of Carbon and Graphite Product Manufacturing Industry report is the ... (01/07/2011)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $1,268,357 on Carbon & Graphite Product Manufacturing. It has awarded 80 contracts to 36 companies, with an average value of $35,232 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Graphite specialties for aerospace use (except gaskets) manufacturing, Lighting carbons manufacturing, Carbons, electric, manufacturing, Graphite specialties for electrical use manufacturing, Graphite electrodes and contacts, Contacts, electrical, carbon and graphite, Carbon specialties for mechanical use (except gaskets) manufacturing, lighting, Electrodes for thermal and electrolytic uses, Brush blocks, carbon or molded graphite, Graphite specialties for mechanical use (except gaskets) manufacturing, Fibers, Carbon specialties for aerospace use (except gaskets) manufacturing, Heat shields, carbon or graphite, Metal-graphite product manufacturing, Carbon electrodes and contacts, Carbon specialties for electrical use manufacturing, Brushes and brush stock contacts, Brushplates, etc.