Instant Download - Available immediately
Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Commercial & Service Machinery Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Commercial & Service Machinery Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Commercial & Service Machinery Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Commercial & Service Machinery Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Commercial & Service Machinery Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Commercial & Service Machinery Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Commercial & Service Machinery Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Commercial & Service Machinery Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||6%|
|Computer and Mathematical Occupations||5%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||11%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||12%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||17%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||13%|
|Other Production Occupations||9%|
Commercial & Service Machinery Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Goss International Americas||151|
|Tesco Corporation US||88|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- The global market for machine tool manufacturing reached $83.5 billion in 2016 - The key objective was to present a comprehensive discussion of where the state-of-theart is in machine tool manufacturing and forecast the future commercial potential ... Various private industry sources. Research methodology followed in this report ... (12/27/2017)
- How blockchain can transform the manufacturing industry - In an interview with ZDNet, Gary Brooks, Chief Marketing Officer of global manufacturing and supply chain technology company Syncron said blockchain is of particular interest to the manufacturing industry ... shipping new equipment and service parts ... (11/22/2017)
- Global Commercial And Service Industry Machinery Manufacturing Market Briefing 2017 - Research and Markets - The "Commercial And Service Industry Machinery Manufacturing Market Global Briefing 2017" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering. Commercial And Service Industry Machinery Manufacturing Industry Market Global Briefing provides strategists ... (07/12/2017)
- Chinese multinational heavy machinery manufacturing company - During the first half year of 2016, under the influence of development of the macro-economic transformation in the domestic market, the industry of heavy construction machinery ... and service centre over the weekend in Dar es Salaam. This is how ... (08/24/2016)
- Manufacturing network seeks to boost industry - Central Illinois manufacturers of products from commercial ... for agricultural equipment have formed their own networking organization. The Central Illinois Manufacturing Roundtable organized in early 2015 primarily focuses on industry issues such as ... (02/06/2016)
- Seco Machine: 30 Years of Leadership in Comprehensive Contract Manufacturing - Seco Machine, a national industry leader in contract ... molded urethane parts to industrial and commercial industries. "Urethane parts provide durability and a level of performance that is needed in a number of manufacturing and industrial applications ... (10/23/2015)
- Cleveland's manufacturing industry roaring back, expected to surpass national growth rate - CLEVELAND ... manufacturing. Manufacturers buy much more locally than service firms. They buy materials, power, trucking, logistics. There's much bigger ripple effects." The enticing projections come from economists at Moody's Analytics, who study industry ... (02/18/2013)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $1,927,886,568 on Commercial & Service Machinery Manufacturing. It has awarded 16,500 contracts to 1,777 companies, with an average value of $1,084,911 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.