Copper Foundries Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Copper Foundries
Overview of the U.S. Copper Foundries IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Copper Foundries: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Copper Foundries industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Aluminum Foundries (Except Die-Casting)
Other Nonferrous Metal Foundries (Except Die-Casting)
Copper Foundries (Excluding Die-Casting)
Other Nonferrous Foundries (Excluding Die-Casting)
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Copper Foundries Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Copper Foundries companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Copper Foundries company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Copper Foundries industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Copper Foundries measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||6%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||8%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||7%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||46%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||8%|
|Grinding, Lapping, Polishing, and Buffing Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||5%|
|Metal Furnace Operators, Tenders, Pourers, and Casters||7%|
|Molders and Molding Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||15%|
|Foundry Mold and Coremakers||7%|
|Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||9%|
|Other Production Occupations||14%|
Copper Foundries Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Palmer Foundry Applies Quality Analytics to its Business - Palmer Foundry, a maker of aluminum castings for the semiconductor ... which must include specific percentages of constituent elements, such as silicon, titanium, copper and magnesium, to meet quality standards. The company also invested in Northwest ... (01/12/2018)
- Op-ed: A tribute to Lee Brass workers after 100 years - Met the demand by the U.S. Navy for copper-nickel piping systems ... The work is hard and often done in areas that are very hot due to the foundry furnaces and the typical Alabama summers. But endure they do, day in and day out. As president and CEO ... (01/11/2018)
- Recent metal and metal manufactured products market growth explained - Nonferrous metals include aluminum, copper, zinc, lead, nickel, and tin, which are usually employed in making of castings, alloys, forgings, wires, cables, extrusions, and pipes. The metal and metal manufactured products sector is a key market for any ... (01/11/2018)
- Furukawa Co Ltd (5715.T) - crushers and foundry pieces. The Rock Drill segment provides rock drills, including breakers, crushers and others. The Unic segment provides cranes. The Metal segment provides copper,... (more) (01/07/2018)
- AFS American Foundry Society : American Foundry Society Disagrees with the UCLA Copper Alloy Research Report - The American Foundry Society (AFS) refutes and challenges the incorrect conclusions of a newly released research report, 'Lifecycle-Based Alternatives Analysis of Lead-Free Brass Substitutes in the Potable Water Supply System.' The project, which was ... (06/26/2017)
- Global Metal Stampings, Forgings, and Castings - Industrial Supplies & Accessories - NEW YORK, Jan. 3, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Metal Stampings, Forgings, and Castings in US ... & Other Alloy Steel Castings), and Non-Ferrous Metal Castings (Aluminum Castings, Copper Castings, Lead Castings ... (01/03/2017)
- Arrest made in theft of copper from Grede - A Reedsburg man was arrested Friday for stealing more than 300 pounds of copper from Grede Foundry over a period of two months. Stephen R. Manley, 39, of Reedsburg, was employed for less than a year at Grede. An internal investigation by Grede management ... (07/04/2012)
- Reedsburg worker arrested for allegedly stealing copper from foundry - Police in Reedsburg arrested a man who they said stole more than 300 pounds of copper over two months from the foundry where he worked. Stephen Manley, a 39-year-old Reedsburg resident, had been working at the Grede Foundry for less than a year, according ... (07/02/2012)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $3,121,735 on Copper Foundries. It has awarded 66 contracts to 27 companies, with an average value of $115,620 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Magnesium castings (except die-castings), unfinished, manufacturing, Investment castings, nonferrous metal (except aluminum), Beryllium castings (except die-castings), unfinished manufacturing, Copper alloy castings (except die-castings), Zinc castings (except die-castings), Copper foundries (except die-casting), Nonferrous metals (except aluminum) foundries (except die-casting), Brass foundries (except die-casting), Titanium castings (except die-castings), Lead castings (except die-castings), Castings (except die-castings), nonferrous metals (except aluminum), Ship and boat propellers, cast brass, bronze and copper (except die-casting), Nonferrous metals (except aluminum) unfinished castings (except die-castings) manufacturing, Permanent mold castings, Nickel castings (except die-castings), Sand castings, White metal castings (except die-castings), Bronze foundries (except die-casting), Foundries (except die-casting), etc.