|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Cut & Sew Apparel Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Cut & Sew Apparel Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Cut & Sew Apparel Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Cut & Sew Apparel Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Cut & Sew Apparel Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Cut & Sew Apparel Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Cut & Sew Apparel Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Cut & Sew Apparel Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||12%|
|Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Workers||55%|
|Sewing Machine Operators||44%|
|Sewing Machine Operators||44%|
|Other Production Occupations||7%|
Cut & Sew Apparel Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Outlook 2018 – What else is the apparel industry watching? - 3: Automation of apparel manufacturing and its impact on the job market. At the MAGIC trade show last August, several vendors showcased technologies that have the potential to automate the cut and sew process entirely or substantially reduce the labour ... (01/09/2018)
- FASHION AWARDS: MADE IN CALIFORNIA AWARD - HOUMAN SALEM, ARGYLE Company, Inc. Houman Salem has established a manufacturing ... provider (Cut, Make, and Trim) utilizing the latest in equipment and technologies. Its total service selection also includes finishing services; including sewing all ... (01/08/2018)
- Fed By Threads Makes Socially Responsible, Environmentally Sustainable Apparel, “From Dirt to Shirt” - Fed By Threads has its own printing and cut-and-sew operation, supplemented by partners where ... A Compelling Vision of the Future of Apparel Manufacturing Fed By Threads also has a keen eye on the future. This includes the ability for customers to ... (01/08/2018)
- How Fashion Went From Elite to the Streets - This study by the Foundation for Economic Education shows how the earnings of the "global apparel industry ... the fashion manufacturing job market fell off a cliff. These are the hardworking people who cut, sew and assemble everything from underwear ... (01/06/2018)
- Taking a Cue from James Bond to Design Performance Wear for Professionals - this is very much like that but for clothing. One of the great things about this is that compared to traditional cut-and-sew techniques, which have a limited number of styles, with this process you can have a manufacturing batch of one.” So, what is the ... (12/29/2017)
- Clothing line aims to support NC’s textile industry - That independent spirit inspired Williford to found Pamut Apparel (pamutapparel.com), a Raleigh-based ... The garments are then produced in western North Carolina by cut-and-sew operation Opportunity Threads. And any pieces bearing screen prints ... (12/15/2017)
- L.A.'s Garment Workers Face Horrific Workplace Conditions, According To New Report - Los Angeles is widely known as a film capital, but few people realize it's also the center of the country’s garment manufacturing industry. Los Angeles houses the largest cut and sew apparel base in the U.S., and according to a new report, conditions for ... (12/09/2016)
- Forma Apparel Manufacturing aims to create well-made clothes here in Ohio - Forma's four workers cut, sew, assemble, iron and label the clothing, so that it arrives at the buyer pressed and ready to sell. "The community we're in at one point was huge in manufacturing," Suster said. "We have the people here in Cleveland ... (07/10/2014)
- A Wave of Sewing Jobs as Orders Pile Up at U.S. Factories - The American textile and apparel industries, like manufacturing as a whole ... to fill the specialized jobs that have not been taken over by machines. Wages for cut-and-sew jobs, the core of the apparel industry’s remaining work force, have been rising ... (09/29/2013)
- Research and Markets: Cut and Sew Apparel Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade - The Updated 2010 Edition - LLC's new report "All Other Cut and Sew Apparel Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2010 Edition]" to their offering. Definition & Classification: This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing ... (07/19/2010)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $219,859,226 on Cut & Sew Apparel Manufacturing. It has awarded 2,486 contracts to 426 companies, with an average value of $516,101 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.