Dairy Product Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Dairy Product Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Dairy Product Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Dairy Product Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Dairy Product Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Dairy Product Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Dairy Product Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Dairy Product Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Dairy Product Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||8%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||8%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||7%|
|Food Processing Workers||15%|
|Miscellaneous Food Processing Workers||15%|
|Other Production Occupations||27%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||13%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||13%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||6%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||20%|
|Motor Vehicle Operators||6%|
|Driver/Sales Workers and Truck Drivers||6%|
|Material Moving Workers||13%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||9%|
Dairy Product Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Arla Foods A.m.b.a|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Danone India to rationalise its product portfolio - Danone with discontinue SKU’s which have been making a minority contribution to its overall business in India which include the UHT and fresh dairy products," the company said in a statement. The company's factory at Rai near Delhi manufacturing these ... (01/12/2018)
- Danone to exit loss-making dairy segment in India - ... announced shutting down their manufacturing unit manufacturing these discontinued products at Rai near Delhi. In March last year, the firm was determined to make a significant mark in the dairy market by launching its greek yogurt product and ... (01/12/2018)
- Danone closes its dairy unit in India and shifts focus to nutrition - Danone’s factory at Lalru, which is involved in manufacturing infant nutrition products, will continue to function as usual. Danone’s dairy unit in the country consists of milk, smoothies, buttermilk and yogurt. The Times of India reported that the ... (01/12/2018)
- Rahil Gandhi, Director, Vadilal Dairy International Limited - Young, focused and determined, Rahil Gandhi is the fourth-generation Director at Vadilal Dairy International Limited ... core function of the business and production management from his manufacturing unit at Boisar in Palghar district of Maharashtra. (01/12/2018)
- Danone to shut down its dairy business in India - The company’s products ... on building manufacturing facilities in Haryana and Punjab, setting up the head office in Mumbai and the acquisition of Wockhardt Group’s nutrition business in 2011. Danone’s decision of exiting dairy business comes at ... (01/11/2018)
- Manufacturing rebound likely in 2018, Neda chief Pernia says - ... the production value of milk and dairy products, milled and refined sugar, bakery products and processed fruits and vegetables. Meanwhile, the average capacity utilization rate in November 2017 for total manufacturing was recorded at 83.9 percent. (01/10/2018)
- Dairy feed supplement manufacturer to build Ixonia plant - “It’s a very unique product,” he said ... Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window) A dairy feed supplement manufacturer has raised $1.8 million as part of its effort to build a manufacturing plant in Ixonia. Easton, Maryland-based Novera ... (01/05/2018)
- Organic Milk Woes, Factory Farms Drowning Small Dairies - “It’s reached a market saturation,” said Evan Rainwater, senior vice president for manufacturing at supermarket chain Albertsons Cos. Wal-Mart Stores Inc. and other big chains made the product available so widely so quickly, that organic milk ... (01/04/2018)
- Added investment in Pennsylvania’s dairy processing sector could generate $36m per year, new study shows - Part of the state’s struggle has been the lack of in-state milk processing and dairy products manufacturing. Historically, nearly all of its milk has been shipped to states such as New York and New Jersey to be processed and made into finished products. (01/04/2018)
- Dairy on the Go: Emerging Trends, Applications and Ingredients - Beyond yogurt-centric products, the dairy space is composed of a comprehensive ... “However, we’re not making these products in the family kitchen; we’re using large manufacturing facilities. As an ingredient supplier, we have to find and use ... (01/01/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $189,091,532 on Dairy Product Manufacturing. It has awarded 2,225 contracts to 124 companies, with an average value of $1,524,932 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.