|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Dance Companies
Overview: the U.S. Dance Companies Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Dance Companies:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Dance Companies industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Admissions To Live Performing Arts Performances
Admissions To - Dance Performances, Musical And Non-Musical
Contract Live Performing Arts Performances
Contract Live - Dance Performances, Musical And Non-Musical
Fine Arts And Theatrical Performance Instruction
All Other Receipts
All Other Operating Receipts
Contributions, Gifts, And Grants - Government
Contributions, Gifts, And Grants - Government - All Other Federal, State, County, And Municipal
Contributions, Gifts, And Grants - Private
Contributions, Gifts, And Grants - Private - Individuals
Contributions, Gifts, And Grants - Private - Foundations
Contributions, Gifts, And Grants - Private - Business And Industry
Contributions, Gifts, And Grants - Private - Other, Including Labor Unions.
Investment Income, Including Interest And Dividends
All Other Revenue
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Dance Companies company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Dance Companies industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Dance Companies measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Education, Training, and Library Occupations||5%|
|Arts, Design, Entertainment, Sports, and Media Occupations||45%|
|Entertainers and Performers, Sports and Related Workers||37%|
|Actors, Producers, and Directors||12%|
|Musicians, Singers, and Related Workers||19%|
|Musicians and Singers||17%|
|Food Preparation and Serving Related Occupations||7%|
|Personal Care and Service Occupations||9%|
|Entertainment Attendants and Related Workers||8%|
|Ushers, Lobby Attendants, and Ticket Takers||6%|
|Ushers, Lobby Attendants, and Ticket Takers||6%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
Dance Companies Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Martha Graham Dance Company to Present Two Graham Studio Events This January - In January, the Martha Graham Dance Company will present two events as part of its Graham Studio Series offering audiences a behind-the-scenes look at the work of both the Company and Graham 2 in the intimate setting of its West Village studios. The NEW ... (01/10/2018)
- Dance company's 'Ballet in a Box' offers creativity, cultural exchange - Redondo Ballet believes in the importance of community outreach and philanthropy. The dance company’s new Ballet in a Box program is designed to fit this mission and create a great deal of creative fun at the same time. What is Ballet in a Box? (01/10/2018)
- Okareka Dance Company Premieres New Work in January - Acrobatics and contemporary dance combine with M?ori mythology in Ok?reka Dance Company’s new major work WIRED. WIRED premieres at Q Theatre in Auckland from 24-28 January. Ok?reka Dance Company artistic co-director Taiaroa Royal says the ambitious ... (01/09/2018)
- StrikeTime Dance Company to Present Live Dance Event for Children on Jan. 12 and 13 - Hope College dance affiliate StrikeTime Dance Company will present a live dance event for children on Friday, Jan. 12, at 7 p.m. and Saturday, Jan. 13, at 2 p.m. in the Knickerbocker Theatre in downtown Holland. The public is invited. Admission is free ... (01/08/2018)
- Conscious Party: WNC Dance Academy Benefit Showcase - THE COMPANY: WNC Dance Academy's Jan. 20 showcase at the Asheville High School auditorium features large group, small group, trio, duet and solo pieces. All proceeds and nonperishable food donations from the event will be given to MANNA FoodBank. (01/07/2018)
- Kinetic Dance Company Visits Community Seniors - The Kinetic Dance Company brought their holiday show to the Greenleaf Retirement Village and Heritage Woods in Bolingbrook on January 2. The appreciative audiences saw a variety of pieces including some of the KDC's award winning competition pieces as well ... (01/07/2018)
- Las Vegas dance group builds studio with help of city grant - A Las Vegas dance company is building its first dance studio with the help of a redevelopment program from the city. Sin City Salseros, a 17-year-old event-production and dance-instruction company, is building a one-story, 8,000-square-foot building at 4545 W. (01/05/2018)
- International modern dance company to do two benefits for ASAP! - Testing the limits of “human physicality” — while maintaining a sense of humor and a deep appreciation of the body’s beauty — is what has motivated the international modern dance company Pilobolus since it founding in 1971 by a coterie of friends ... (01/04/2018)
- Dance co. (M & M) Showtime Productions celebrates 25 years, moves to YWCA of Alton - and is a member of Common Thread Contemporary Dance Company. McAfoos said past field trips have involved taking Showtime students to see Bauer perform professionally on stage, which can be an inspiring experience. Hip hop instructor Dominique Williams has ... (01/03/2018)
- Dance companies perform in Cambridge, offering women a chance to heal - Meghann Perry, a recovery coach and storyteller, was five months pregnant when she went to jail for her first felony. She was released as part of Probation and Pretrial Services and gave birth to her daughter outside prison. But she soon relapsed and lost ... (01/02/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $22,892 on Dance Companies. It has awarded 4 contracts to 2 companies, with an average value of $11,446 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Growth Opportunities / Competitive ThreatsCompanies in other industries may also sell similar products. Since there is an overlap in the customer base, there may be an opportunity for companies in Dance Companies to sell additional products/services offered by these adjacent industries. Alternatively, these industries may identify further products in this industry to target. Products most at risk are those with the highest profit margins and lowest barriers to entry.
The following industries are competing channels for sales of similar products/services.
Live Performances Produced Under Contract
|Competing Industry||Sales Relative to Dance Companies||Opportunity/Threat|
|Musical Groups & Artists|
|Theater Companies & Dinner Theaters||Competing industry|
Sales from other industries of Live Performances Produced Under Contract are less than those from Dance Companies. This may mean that other channels are a competitive risk of increasing their Live Performances Produced Under Contract sales, taking market share from this industry.
Live Performances Produced Under Contract Product Sales Report
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Ballet companies, Jazz dance companies, Folk dance companies, Dance productions, live theatrical, Dance troupes, Dance theaters, Tap dance companies, Classical dance companies, Ballet productions, Contemporary dance companies, Theatrical dance productions, live, Modern dance companies, Dance companies, Theater companies, dance, Theaters, Interpretive dance companies, etc.