Dog & Cat Food Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Dog & Cat Food Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Dog & Cat Food Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Dog & Cat Food Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Dog & Cat Food Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Dog And Cat Food Manufacturing
Dog And Cat Food Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Dog & Cat Food Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Dog & Cat Food Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Dog & Cat Food Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Dog & Cat Food Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Dog & Cat Food Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||12%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||7%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Food Processing Workers||6%|
|Miscellaneous Food Processing Workers||5%|
|Other Production Occupations||29%|
|Crushing, Grinding, Polishing, Mixing, and Blending Workers||12%|
|Mixing and Blending Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||10%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||10%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||10%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||21%|
|Motor Vehicle Operators||8%|
|Driver/Sales Workers and Truck Drivers||8%|
|Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers||6%|
|Material Moving Workers||12%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||7%|
|Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand||5%|
Dog & Cat Food Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Old Mother Hubbard Dog Food|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Evanger's dog, cat food recalled due to possible death - (MEREDITH) – Out of an abundance of caution, Evanger’s Dog & Cat Food of Wheeling, IL is voluntarily recalling ... This is the first recall for Evanger’s in its 82 years of manufacturing. Although it has been verified that little or no product ... (01/03/2018)
- Discover Asia-Pacific's pet food market research analysis report to 2021 - Mars, Inc., Del Monte Foods, Hills Pet Nutrition, INC, Unicharm Corporation, Nippon Formula Feed Manufacturing Company LTD, Pet Center, Incorporated (PCI), Nestle Purina Pet Care, Nisshin Saifun Group INC. Natural Dog Food Company, Halo, Purely for Pets ... (12/29/2017)
- Meadville pet food maker acquires co-manufacturing partner - Pet food maker Ainsworth Pet Nutrition of Meadville has bought out one of its co-manufacturing partners ... foods plus and Better Than premium dog treats. The company makes multiple brands and types of dog and cat food under those brands as well ... (06/20/2017)
- The best cat food you can buy - Cats need lots of protein and fat in their diets to be healthy, so it's important that you feed them the best cat food you can buy ... A premium pet food company will not only use high-quality ingredients, but its manufacturing processes will be safe ... (06/09/2017)
- Betagro Group opens pet food manufacturing plant - Betagro Group has opened a factory in Lop Buri province as part of its manufacturing capacity expansion for dog and cat pet food. The company said products manufactured at the plant are made from high-quality protein ingredients, using the most advanced ... (03/22/2017)
- Evanger's Dog & Cat Food Officials Expand Recall Of Products Potentially Tainted With Euthanasia Drug - AUSTIN, TX — Officials at Evanger's Dog & Cat Food on Saturday announced ... boutique pet stores nationwide. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration launched its invesitagation of Evanger's manufacturing facilities in early January after reports that ... (03/05/2017)
- Pet food sold in Pa. recalled for possible pentobarbital contamination after dog dies - A Wheeling, Ill., company is recalling specific lots of its Hunk of Beef brand pet food after it was discovered the food could be contaminated with Pentobarbital after a dog that consumed it died. According to Evanger's Dog and Cat Food company ... (02/04/2017)
- Evanger's dog food recalled due to possible sickness, death - Evanger’s Dog & Cat Food is voluntarily recalling specific lots of its Hunk ... This is the first recall for Evanger’s in its 82 years of manufacturing. Although it has been verified that little or no product remains on store shelves, if consumers ... (02/03/2017)
- Research and Markets: Dog and Cat Food Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2012 Q3 Edition] - LLC's new report "Dog and Cat Food Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2012 Q3 Edition]" to their offering. The Dog and Cat Food Manufacturing Industry report contains the most recent data and analysis on the industry's key ... (08/28/2012)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $697,556 on Dog & Cat Food Manufacturing. It has awarded 38 contracts to 7 companies, with an average value of $99,651 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Meat canning, dog and cat, pet food, made from purchased carcasses, Dog food manufacturing, Feed supplements, manufacturing, Animal feeds, prepared, Cat food manufacturing, Feeds, prepared for dog and cat, Dog and cat food (e.g., canned, dry, frozen, semimoist), Meat products, canning, Animal feed mills, Pet food, Horsemeat, processing, for dog and cat food, etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.