|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Elevator & Escalator Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Elevator & Escalator Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Elevator & Escalator Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Elevator & Escalator Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Elevator And Moving Stairway Manufacturing
Elevator And Moving Stairway Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Elevator & Escalator Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Elevator & Escalator Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Elevator & Escalator Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Elevator & Escalator Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Elevator & Escalator Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||10%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||12%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||18%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||23%|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Workers||7%|
|Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||5%|
Elevator & Escalator Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Concept Elevator Group LLC.|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Ontario delays release of report on elevator trouble pending ‘plan of action’ - Related: Apparently, Canada has an elevator crisis; one expert blames the manufacturers Cunningham went back and ... investigation by The Canadian Press found widespread problems with elevators across the country, including growing calls to emergency ... (01/11/2018)
- Detailed examination of the energy efficient elevators industry report for 2018 - Second on basis of segments by manufacturers, this report focuses on the sales, price of each type, average price of Energy Efficient Elevators, revenue and market share, for key manufacturers. Development policies and plans are discussed as well as ... (01/11/2018)
- Elevators and Escalators Market 2017 Analysis and Forecast to 2022 - The Elevators and Escalators Market report also provides an ... and forecast to 2022. This report focuses on top manufacturers in global market, with production, price, revenue and market share for each manufacturer, covering (01/10/2018)
- Elevator Market in India Propelled by Urbanization, Real Estate Reforms, High-rise and Smart Building Projects - This is achievable by setting up local manufacturing units to source raw materials and labor at competitive prices. Frost & Sullivan’s “India Elevators Market, 2017” provides an overview of recent elevator developments from global and regional ... (01/09/2018)
- Global Elevator & Escalator Market with Focus on Smart Elevators: Industry Analysis (2016-2020) : Researchmoz - There are mainly two types of elevators namely hydraulic elevators and electric ... there are Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers who supply the inputs to the manufacturers, which reach the final installation base through various distribution channels. (01/08/2018)
- PE-backed GAL acquires Courion - is proud to announce the acquisition of Comprehensive Manufacturing Services, L.L.C. (“Courion” or “the Company”), a leading provider of door systems for freight elevators. Founded in 1921 and led by Owners and Principals Michael Garner and Bob ... (01/08/2018)
- Kone Elevator - Promote your business through our innovative Marketplace system! It's free to sign up! As published in the Rochester Post Bulletin. As published in the Rochester Post Bulletin. As published in the Rochester Post Bulletin. (01/07/2018)
- Elevator Automation Market Trends, Share, Analysis and Forecast for Global Industry 2018-2025 - ... www.reportsweb.com/inquiry&RW00020115/sample The major factor hindering the global elevator automation market is high manufacturing cost of automated elevators. Additionally, the huge installation cost of automated elevators into buildings restraint ... (01/04/2018)
- Elevators and Escalators Market 2017 Global Share, Trend and Opportunities Forecast To 2022 - Global Elevators and Escalators market competition by top manufacturers, with production, price, revenue (value) and market share for each manufacturer; If you have any special requirements, please let us know and we will offer you the report as you want. (01/04/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $12,309,814 on Elevator & Escalator Manufacturing. It has awarded 528 contracts to 131 companies, with an average value of $93,968 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Automobile lifts (i.e., garage-type, service station) manufacturing, Stairways, moving, manufacturing, Dumbwaiters manufacturing, Elevators, passenger and freight, Walkways, Escalators manufacturing, etc.