Fiber Optic Cable Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Fiber Optic Cable Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Fiber Optic Cable Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Fiber Optic Cable Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Fiber Optic Cable Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Fiber Optic Cable Manufacturing
Fiber Optic Cable
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Fiber Optic Cable Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Fiber Optic Cable Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Fiber Optic Cable Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Fiber Optic Cable Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Fiber Optic Cable Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||9%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||23%|
|Electrical, Electronics, and Electromechanical Assemblers||13%|
|Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers||11%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||10%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||18%|
|Other Production Occupations||8%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||6%|
|Material Moving Workers||5%|
Fiber Optic Cable Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|JM Fiber Optics|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Fiber Optic Cable Market 2017 Analysis by Manufacturers, Sales, Type, Application and Forecasts 2023 - Global Fiber Optic Cable Market Research 2011-2023 report estimates Industry sales, growth factors, product types, landscape analysis, feasibility studies of new project investment, Key company profiles such as Furukawa, HTGD, Corning, YOFC, Futong ... (01/09/2018)
- Submarine Communications Optical Fiber Cable Market by Manufacturers, Regions, Type and Forecast to 2017 - RadiantInsights.com has announced the addition of "Global Submarine Communications Optical Fiber Cable Market Size,Trends, Growth And Forecast Report Up To 2017 : Radiant Insights, Inc" Market Research Report to their Database. The global submarine ... (01/09/2018)
- Report explores the fiber-optic cable industry - Second on basis of segments by manufacturers, this report focuses on the sales, price of each type, average price of Fiber-optic Cable, revenue and market share, for key manufacturers. Development policies and plans are discussed as well as manufacturing ... (01/09/2018)
- PROFESSIONAL FIBER OPTIC CABLING - We have over 20 years of experience providing fiber optic cables. Huihong Technologies has its manufacturing factory in China, we have many distributors and partners in Europe and United States, the company has been establishing good cooperation with more ... (01/04/2018)
- Submarine Cable Goes for Record: 144,000 Gigabits From Hong Kong to L.A. in 1 Second - And fiber-optic cable technology has to run to keep up ... Spools of optical fibers [bottom] are arrayed at TE SubCom’s manufacturing facility in Newington, N.H. Within each cable, those fibers are surrounded by plastic and metal [top]. (01/04/2018)
- Ribbon Fiber Optic Cable Industry Global Market Research Report 2017 - The report provides key statistics on the market status of the Ribbon Fiber Optic Cable manufacturers and is a valuable source of guidance and direction for companies and individuals interested in the industry. Firstly, the report provides a basic overview ... (11/27/2017)
- IBISWorld Industry Market Research: The U.S. Fiber-Optic Cable Manufacturing Industry is Expected to Earn Revenue of $2.4 billion in 2016 - NEW YORK, Dec. 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The Fiber-Optic Cable Manufacturing industry shored up connections over the past five years, with revenue anticipated to grow at an annualized rate of 3.1% to $2.4 billion in 2016. During the period, the industry ... (12/01/2016)
- Ethiopia: Optic Fiber Cable Manufacturing to Go Operational Shortly - An optic fiber cable manufacturing factory with a capacity of manufacturing 24 thousand km optic fiber cable annually, built at a cost of 2.7 billion Birr, is set to go operational in September 2013. Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn visited cable and ... (07/15/2013)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $27,473,736 on Fiber Optic Cable Manufacturing. It has awarded 388 contracts to 200 companies, with an average value of $137,369 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Fiber optic cable made from purchased fiber optic strand, etc.