Hardware Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Hardware Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Hardware Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Hardware Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Hardware Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Hardware Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Hardware Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Hardware Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Hardware Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||13%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||21%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||20%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||24%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||9%|
|Other Production Occupations||6%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||6%|
Hardware Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- 3D Printing at CES 2018: 13 experts identify trends - The people coming to the booth this year, for the most part, know what they want to do with additive technology and are looking for the right combination of hardware, software, and materials to make it happen. Demonstrating our printers as a manufacturing ... (01/12/2018)
- 84% manufacturing firms globally embraced software over hardware: Report - 84 per cent of the organisations in the sector globally have already put software at its core in delivering services and generating revenue.IANS | December 16, 2017, 07:53 IST NEW DELHI: With the device manufacturing industry embracing software over ... (01/06/2018)
- Irish hardware firm Anord to merge with Mardix after €40.2m acquisition - The combined entity owns 400,000sq ft of manufacturing facilities across North America and ... although its main area of focus is hardware for data centres. Mardix meanwhile was established in 1966 and is headquartered in Kendal, England. (01/04/2018)
- Latest Computer hardware manufacturing News - SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Apple is being fined $25,000 per day for missing a court-imposed deadline to produce evidence in a government lawsuit that alleges mobile chip supplier Qualcomm has been imposing unfair licensing terms on the makers of smartphones. (12/22/2017)
- Global Hardware Security Module (HSM) Market by Manufacturers, Types, Regions and Application Research Report Forecast to 2022 - (EMAILWIRE.COM, December 02, 2017 ) The Global Hardware Security Module (HSM) Industry 2017 Market Research Report is a professional and in-depth study on the current state of the Hardware Security Module (HSM) industry. With around 150 tables and figures ... (12/02/2017)
- Plan to make Kerala electronic hardware manufacturing hub: Pinarayi Vijayan - "Government is transforming the state into a manufacturing hub with special focus on electronic hardware manufacturing," Vijayan wrote on Twitter. He said this after the Kerala Electronics and Hardware Mission submitted a detailed report outlining the ... (10/25/2017)
- Plan to make Kerala electronic hardware manufacturing hub: CM - Thiruvananthapuram, Oct 25 () The Kerala government is set to roll out a new set of policies in an effort to make it an electronic hardware manufacturing hub, Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijay has said. "Government is transforming the state into a ... (10/25/2017)
- Kerala to set up electronic manufacturing hub - KOCHI: Kerala is planning to roll out a set of policies to create a conducive ecosystem for the growth of electronic hardware sector. The aim of the policy is to set up an electronics manufacturing hub in the state by leveraging on its skilled human ... (10/24/2017)
- A quick look at the state of hardware technologies in China and beyond - A WIRED documentary series on Shenzhen illustrates just how far China’s star has risen and how dominant the country has become in the world of technology hardware manufacturing, development, and innovation. And the physical impact of these products is ... (06/27/2016)
- Microsoft hardballs its partners with Surface - In a major shift from three decades of tradition, Microsoft is blowing off its hardware partners and manufacturing the Surface tablet itself. Historically, Microsoft (MSFT, Fortune 500) has left it to companies like Dell (DELL, Fortune 500) and Hewlett ... (06/21/2012)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $109,480,314 on Hardware Manufacturing. It has awarded 7,589 contracts to 1,067 companies, with an average value of $102,606 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.