|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Household Laundry Equipment Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Household Laundry Equipment Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Household Laundry Equipment Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Household Laundry Equipment Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Household Laundry Equipment Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Household Laundry Equipment Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||6%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||8%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||38%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||29%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||11%|
|Other Production Occupations||6%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||9%|
|Material Moving Workers||9%|
Household Laundry Equipment Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Household Appliances Manufacturing Market 2017 by Segment, Region, Analysis and Forecast to 2020 - Household Appliances Manufacturing Market ... appliances manufacturing market and suggests approaches. Markets Covered: Small Electrical Appliance, Household Cooking Appliance, Household Refrigerator And Home Freezer, Household Laundry Equipment And ... (08/28/2017)
- Global Household Appliances Manufacturing Market Briefing 2017 - Research and Markets - ... and home freezer manufacturing iv) Household laundry equipment and v) Other major household appliances. Small Electrical Appliance segment was the largest segment in the household appliances manufacturing market with around 39% share of the market. (05/29/2017)
- How To Make The Laundry Industry Eco-Friendly - Eco-friendly changes to the laundry industry are emerging. For home use, there are now washers with the ability ... They sell pre-payment systems and offer equipment rentals. In some arrangements, they offer customers the option to take over the equipment ... (06/09/2016)
- Whirlpool buying laundry equipment maker - Whirlpool, the world’s largest manufacturer of home appliances, plans to expand its market for commercial and industrial laundry equipment with the acquisition ... a 300,000-square-foot manufacturing facility and a state-of-the-art engineering and ... (05/20/2015)
- O.C. manufacturing thrives on innovation - Egan has only a high school degree, but he and his wife have been able to buy a four-bedroom home ... medical equipment. Well-paid positions such as Egan’s, however, are less plentiful than they once were. In 1970, 1 in 4 Americans worked in manufacturing. (07/10/2013)
- Norvin Pellerin, laundry innovator, dies at 86 - Norvin Pellerin, co-founder of a laundry-equipment manufacturing company who held 18 patents for ... A funeral was held Saturday at Lake Lawn Metairie Funeral Home. (02/21/2013)
- Washers, dryers finding a home all over a house - On laundry day, Jodie Galland goes into ... according to the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers, marginally better than those of dishwashers, stoves and cooking equipment, and refrigerators, which were down 2.3 percent, 1.3 percent and 0.5 percent ... (02/09/2007)
- Take a load off laundry chore - It's looming in front of you, that mountain of laundry you can't escape ... Train yourself to start another load as soon as you get home. It can run while you make dinner. Mix small and large items in each load, such as sheets with blouses or socks ... (07/02/2006)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $8,276,783 on Household Laundry Equipment Manufacturing. It has awarded 322 contracts to 83 companies, with an average value of $99,720 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Ironers and mangles, household-type (except portable irons), manufacturing, Dryers, clothes, household-type, gas and electric, Laundry equipment (e.g., dryers, washers), household-type laundry, Washing machines, Drycleaning and laundry machines, etc.