|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Inland Water Passenger Transportation
Overview of the U.S. Inland Water Passenger Transportation IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Inland Water Passenger Transportation: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Inland Water Passenger Transportation industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Transportation Of Automobiles And Light Trucks By Water
Passenger Transportation By Water
Other Transportation Of Passengers By Water
Coastal And Great Lakes Fixed-Route, Passenger Transportation By Water
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Inland Water Passenger Transportation company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Inland Water Passenger Transportation industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Inland Water Passenger Transportation measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||72%|
|Water Transportation Workers||61%|
|Sailors and Marine Oilers||23%|
|Sailors and Marine Oilers||23%|
|Ship and Boat Captains and Operators||32%|
|Captains, Mates, and Pilots of Water Vessels||31%|
|Material Moving Workers||8%|
Inland Water Passenger Transportation Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Island Express Ferry Service|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Europe Inland Waterways Vessel Market worth $115bn by 2024: Global Market Insights, Inc. - Non-passenger vessels comprise freight vessels, tug-boats, and workboats. Inland waterway is considered as a prominent way for freight transportation as these ... These are the busiest water channels in the country and connect to all the major cities ... (01/03/2018)
- Opening new world for business & employment opportunities in North-East via inland waterways - In addition, the infrastructural development for Inland Water Transport (IWT ... organized a Road Show to showcase the potential for cargo and passenger transportation, primarily on River Brahmaputra. The event highlighted the enabling policies and ... (01/02/2018)
- Cochin Shipyard eyes inland waterway foray, lines up big money - NEW DELHI: Basking in the IPO success, Cochin Shipyard is now drawing up huge expansion plans, including one of foray into inland water transport. Its IPO in August ... port crafts and passenger vessels, among others. Currently, it is into constructing ... (10/02/2017)
- FG to Develop Inland Water Transportation to Boost Coastal Trade - The Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi has stated that the federal government is putting plans in place to develop inland water transportation ... for cargo and passenger transport as well as fishing activities. He said water transportation ... (11/04/2016)
- Inland Water Transport Development: In backwaters of Kerala lies the key for its growth - Transport ... State Water Transport Department, which provides passenger services with mechanized boats; construction of boat jetties and navigable facilities under centrally sponsored schemes and establishing Kerala State Shipping and Inland Navigation ... (07/06/2016)
- WB funds Bangladesh $360m for improving inland waterways - The project will also help reduce cost for passenger ... rail and inland waterways,” said Qimiao Fan, country director for Bangladesh, Bhutan and Nepal of the global bank. “As a riverine country, Bangladesh has a large inland water transport sector ... (06/17/2016)
- Nigeria: Enhancing Inland Waterways for More Efficient Transportation - The movement of people and goods along inland waterways is one of the oldest means of transporting goods and services from point to point. Inland water transport offers the ... The total number of passenger that patronise the sea ports is estimated at ... (05/13/2016)
- Centre to develop Ulhas river for passenger, cargo transportation - Residents on the Mumbai-Thane-Kalyan belt are set to benefit as the Ulhas river passing through these areas will be used for passenger and domestic ... The operating cost of inland water transport is least as compared to road and railways. (04/22/2015)
- Centre asks Kerala to leverage potential of inland waterways - The Centre is keen to develop inland water transportation in the country to enhance both passenger and cargo movement, Nitin Gadkari, Union Minister for Shipping, Road Transport and Highways, said. Inland navigation, according to the Minister, has got ... (01/09/2015)
- State wants smaller jetties for inland water transport project - It seems that the state government itself is not sure of the success of the Inland Passenger Water Transport (IPWT) project on the east coast of Mumbai, which will connect Ferry Wharf with Nerul and Mandwa. While the contracts for constructing jetties ... (07/01/2014)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $1,861,003 on Inland Water Passenger Transportation. It has awarded 93 contracts to 23 companies, with an average value of $80,913 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Growth Opportunities / Competitive ThreatsCompanies in other industries may also sell similar products. Since there is an overlap in the customer base, there may be an opportunity for companies in Inland Water Passenger Transportation to sell additional products/services offered by these adjacent industries. Alternatively, these industries may identify further products in this industry to target. Products most at risk are those with the highest profit margins and lowest barriers to entry.
The following industries are competing channels for sales of similar products/services.
Passenger Transportation By Water
|Competing Industry||Sales Relative to Inland Water Passenger Transportation||Opportunity/Threat|
|Coastal & Great Lakes Passenger Transportation|
|Coastal & Great Lakes Freight Transportation||Competing industry|
Sales from other industries of Passenger Transportation By Water are less than those from Inland Water Passenger Transportation. This may mean that other channels are a competitive risk of increasing their Passenger Transportation By Water sales, taking market share from this industry.
Passenger Transportation By Water Product Sales Report
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Ship chartering with crew, passenger transportation, inland waters (except on Great Lakes system), Water taxi services, Car lighters (i.e., ferries), Canal passenger transportation, Lake passenger transportation (except on Great Lakes system), River passenger transportation, Water shuttle services, Passenger transportation, Intracoastal transportation of passengers, etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.