Investigation Services Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Investigation Services
Overview of the U.S. Investigation Services IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Investigation Services: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Investigation Services industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Investigation Services, Including Personal Background Checks
Domestic And Family Investigation Services
Legal Investigation Services
Insurance Investigation Services
Corporate Investigation Services
Pre-Employment Services (E.G., Background Investigations.)
Other Investigation Services
Security Guard And Patrol Services
Security Guard And Patrol Services For Buildings And Grounds
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Investigation Services company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Investigation Services industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Investigation Services measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Protective Service Occupations||93%|
|Other Protective Service Workers||89%|
|Security Guards and Gaming Surveillance Officers||87%|
Investigation Services Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Examination Management Services|
|Kroll Background America|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Detective’s calls sparks tumult over Vergne investigation - Pat Vergne, the city’s former director of Community Services, was fired along with two of his subordinates in August after a four-month investigation brought to light a range of practices that allegedly cost the city more than $200,000 between 2015 and ... (01/10/2018)
- Statement Regarding Kool Smiles and Benevis Voluntary Settlement with U.S. Department of Justice - investigation relating to services provided from 2009 to 2011. The settlement agreement with the government does not relate to any claims regarding the quality of the dental care provided to patients. Importantly, the settlement does not include any ... (01/10/2018)
- Fusion GPS's ties to Clinton campaign, Russia investigation: What to know - Founded by veteran journalists, Fusion GPS “provides premium research, strategic intelligence, and due diligence services to corporations ... Simpson has done substantial investigative work on the case of Sergei Magnitsky, a Russian lawyer who was ... (01/10/2018)
- Newman Ferrara LLP Announces Corporate Governance Investigation of Cornerstone OnDemand, Inc. - CSOD - Cornerstone, headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, is a cloud computing company, providing HR management software services. Newman Ferrara’s investigation focuses on decisions made by the Board, without shareholder approval, the result of which ... (01/10/2018)
- Bergen County knew gun range site was contaminated and killed investigation, suit says - Bergen County officials were not only aware of the pile of contaminated soil that sat for more than a year near the Bergen County Police Academy gun range in Mahwah, but also killed a Bureau of Police Services investigation into possible crimes committed ... (01/10/2018)
- Investigation: DSPs Charge Hidden Fees – And Many Can’t Afford To Stop - “As a buyer, you count on your DSP to be agnostic as to where you spend your money,” said Jay Friedman, COO at Goodway Group, which offers programmatic media-buying services. “If they start diverting spend, that’s unethical. That should be done ... (01/10/2018)
- You Paid For It investigation of temp worker salaries stirs up Pinellas County Commissioners - 8 On Your Side broke the story Monday before commissioners had a chance to see the results of a temp services report they requested in December. That troubled Commissioner Pat Gerard. “Could we not get the same information since we asked for it before?” (01/09/2018)
- Michael Carroll Joins K2 Intelligence Investigations and Disputes Practice - NEW YORK, Jan. 9, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- K2 Intelligence, an industry-leading investigative, compliance, and cyber defense services firm founded by Jules B. Kroll and Jeremy M. Kroll, announced today that Michael Carroll has joined the firm as managing ... (01/09/2018)
- AFC extends and expands partnership with Sportradar’s Intelligence & Investigation Services - The Asian Football Confederation (AFC) has today signed a new agreement with sports data company Sportradar for an historic partnership in the field of integrity, specifically addressing match-fixing. Sportradar’s Intelligence and Investigation Services ... (01/09/2018)
- FX on Their Louis C.K. Investigation and the Future of ‘Better Things’ [TCA 2018] - “Having recently completed that investigation, we did not find any issues ... As to when and if we might restore it into our streaming services, I don’t know.” C.K. was also a co-writer on Better Things. Landrgaf confirmed he would not be involved ... (01/08/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $662,321,427 on Investigation Services. It has awarded 3,560 contracts to 415 companies, with an average value of $1,595,955 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Missing person tracing services, Investigation services (except credit), private, Fingerprint services, Private investigation services (except credit), Detective agencies, Lie detection services, Investigators, Polygraph services, Private detective services, Skip tracing services, etc.