|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Machine Tool (Metal Forming Types) Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Machine Tool (Metal Forming Types) Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Machine Tool (Metal Forming Types) Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Machine Tool (Metal Forming Types) Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Machine Tool Manufacturing
Metal Grinding, Polishing, Buffing, Honing, And Lapping Machines, Excluding Gear-Tooth Grinding, Lapping, Polishing, And Buffing
Metal Lathes (Turning Machines) Numerically And Nonnumerically Controlled
Metal Milling Machines (Excluding Machining Centers)
Rebuilt Metal-Cutting Machine Tools, Remanufactured Metal-Cutting Machine Tools, And Parts For Metal-Cutting-Type Machine Tools
Metal Machining Centers (Multifunction Numerically Controlled Machines)
Other Metal Cutting Machine Tools (Excluding Those Designed Primarily For Home Workshops, Laboratories, Garages.)
Metal Boring Machines And Drilling Machines (Excluding Machining Centers)
Metal Punching And Shearing Machines (Including Power And Manual) And Bending And Forming Machines (Power Only)
Metalworking Presses (Excluding Forging And Die-Stamping Presses)
Other Metal Forming Machine Tools, Including Forging And Die-Stamping Machines (Excluding Metalworking Presses)
Parts For Metal Forming Machine Tools (Sold Separately) And Rebuilt And Remanufactured Metal Forming Machine Tools
Machine Tool Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Rolling Mill And Other Metalworking Machinery Manufacturing
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
Miscellaneous Receipts, Including Receipts For Repair Work, Sales Of Scrap And Refuse.
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Machine Tool (Metal Forming Types) Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Machine Tool (Metal Forming Types) Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Machine Tool (Metal Forming Types) Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Machine Tool (Metal Forming Types) Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Machine Tool (Metal Forming Types) Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||9%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||6%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||46%|
|Computer Control Programmers and Operators||6%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||7%|
|Tool and Die Makers||9%|
|Tool and Die Makers||9%|
|Other Production Occupations||5%|
Machine Tool (Metal Forming Types) Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- HEIDENHAIN Acquires AMO - as well as some metal forming, bending, and manual machine tool applications. The AMO encoders are inductive based, and can survive many types of rough environments including coolants, slurries, heavy dust particles, high vibration and still maintain ... (01/10/2018)
- Fives Machining Systems announces acquisition of Konecranes Machine Tool Service division - January 10, 2018 – Fives Machining Systems, a global machine tool and complete manufacturing solutions provider ... as well as onsite support for all types and brands of machine tools. The acquisition of Konecranes MTS by Fives is intended to provide ... (01/10/2018)
- Fives Acquires Konecranes Machine Tool Service Division (USA): Major Expansion of Machine Tool Services and Solutions Capability - A PREMIER, MULTI-BRAND MACHINE TOOL SERVICING ORGANIZATION, WITH SERVICES AND SOLUTIONS FOR ALL MAJOR BRANDS. HEBRON, Kentucky, January 9, 2018 - Fives Machining Systems, Inc. a global machine tool and complete manufacturing ... for all types and brands ... (01/08/2018)
- CORRECTING and REPLACING – Hurco Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year Results for Fiscal 2017 - Hurco Companies, Inc. is an international, industrial technology company that sells its three brands of computer numeric control (CNC) machine tools to the worldwide metal cutting and metal forming industry ... to decide the type of control added to ... (01/05/2018)
- Metal Forming Tool Market Analysis by Product Types, Marketing Channel Development Trend, Market Effect Factors Analysis by 2022 - Product types & its applications and chain structure. Next part of the Metal Forming Tool Market analysis report speaks about the manufacturing process. The process is analysed thoroughly with respect three points, viz. raw material and equipment suppliers ... (01/04/2018)
- Global Machine Tool Manufacturing Markets Report 2017: 2012-2016 Data, Estimates for 2017 & Projections to 2020 - This research report categorizes the machine tool manufacturing market by type. Product type include forming machine tools and cutting machine tools. 2 Summary and Highlights 3 Machine Tool Manufacturing Market Characteristics 4 Machine Tool Manufacturing ... (01/03/2018)
- Research and Markets: Machine Tool (Metal Forming Types) Manufacturing Industry in the US and its International Trade [2011 Q3 Edition] Updated Report - LLC's updated new report "Machine Tool (Metal Forming Types) Manufacturing Industry in the US and its International Trade [2011 Q3 Edition]" to their offering. This 2011 publication of Machine Tool (Metal Forming Types) Manufacturing Industry report is the ... (07/21/2011)
- Machine Tool Orders Dip In June - Machine tool orders eased 2.2 percent in June from May, according to the Association for Manufacturing Technology ... At $1.33 billion, first-half metal-cutting orders were up 45.6 percent from a year earlier. Metal-forming machine tool orders last ... (07/26/1993)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $37,314,417 on Machine Tool (Metal Forming Types) Manufacturing. It has awarded 749 contracts to 293 companies, with an average value of $127,353 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Electrolytic metal cutting machines manufacturing, Powder metal forming presses manufacturing, Polishing and buffing machines, metalworking, manufacturing, Gear rolling machines, Thread rolling machines, Threading machines, Boring, drilling, and milling machine combinations, Tapping machines, Plasma process metal cutting machines (except welding equipment) manufacturing, Cut-off machines, Deburring machines, Brakes, press, Reaming machines, Metal forming machine tools manufacturing, Lathes, Key cutting machines, metal cutting type, Nail heading machines manufacturing, Die sinking machines, Filing machines, Electrode discharge metal cutting machines manufacturing, Turning machines (i.e., lathes), Crankshaft grinding machines metal cutting type, Beader machines, Pipe cutting and threading machines, Metal cutting machine tools manufacturing, Milling machines, Bending and forming machines, Flange facing machines, Gear cutting and finishing machines, Spinning machines, Broaching machines, Sawing machines, Brushing machines, Punching machines, Upsetters (i.e., forging machines) manufacturing, Rifling machines, Grinding machines, Drop hammers, metal forging and shaping, Stamping machines, Planers, Die-casting machines, Swaging machines, Cylinder boring machines metal cutting type, Plasma jet spray metal forming machines manufacturing, Electron-discharge metal cutting machines manufacturing, Burnishing machines, Spline rolling machines, Arbor presses, Automatic screw machines, Honing and lapping machines, Shearing machines, metal forming, Presses (e.g., bending, punching, shearing, stamping), Turret lathes, Chamfering machines, Chucking machines, automatic, Slotting machines, Extruding machines, Sheet metal forming machines manufacturing, Ultrasonic metal forming machines manufacturing, Metalworking lathes manufacturing, Riveting machines, Ultrasonic boring, and cutting machines, Chemical milling machines, Stretching machines, Cutting machines, Magnetic forming machines, Boring machines, Drilling machines, Screw and nut slotting machines, Shaving machines, Forming machines (except drawing), Spring winding and forming machines, Drill presses, Facing machines, Duplicating machines (e.g., key cutting), Machine tools, metal cutting, Centering machines, Knurling machines, Can forming machines, Forging machinery and hammers manufacturing, Numerically controlled metal cutting machine tools manufacturing, Custom roll forming machines, Valve grinding machines, Electrochemical milling machines, Press brakes, Buffing and polishing machines, Laser boring, Metal deposit forming machines manufacturing, Home workshop metal cutting machine tools (except handtools, welding equipment) manufacturing, etc.