|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Special Die & Tool, Die Set, Jig & Fixture Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Special Die & Tool, Die Set, Jig & Fixture Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Special Die & Tool, Die Set, Jig & Fixture Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Special Die & Tool, Die Set, Jig & Fixture Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Special Die And Tool, Die Set, Jig, And Fixture Manufacturing
Special Dies, Tools, Jigs, And Fixtures
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Special Die & Tool, Die Set, Jig & Fixture Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Special Die & Tool, Die Set, Jig & Fixture Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Special Die & Tool, Die Set, Jig & Fixture Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Special Die & Tool, Die Set, Jig & Fixture Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Special Die & Tool, Die Set, Jig & Fixture Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||9%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||6%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||46%|
|Computer Control Programmers and Operators||6%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||7%|
|Tool and Die Makers||9%|
|Tool and Die Makers||9%|
|Other Production Occupations||5%|
Special Die & Tool, Die Set, Jig & Fixture Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Wadsworth Control Systems|
|XL Machinery Sales|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Inspiring the maker mentality in the corporate world - They had to build their homes, solve whatever problems came their way, and innovate -- or die. While there were ... you who have experience in manufacturing probably understand the concept of jigs and fixtures. These are special-purpose tools used to ... (06/26/2017)
- Get a Crash Course in Writing from 20 Journalists - I only remember one practical writing lesson from my three years as an English major: Whenever you can, put the best bits at the end of the sentence. Put the next-best bits at the beginning, and put the rest in the middle. This trick works in every kind of ... (06/13/2017)
- Boeing Touts Advanced Fighter Versions As ‘Different Animals’ - Register now for free access to "Boeing Touts Advanced Fighter Versions As ‘Different Animals’" and other premium content selected daily by our editors. Your free registration will also allow you to comment on any article posted to Aviationweek.com. (05/24/2017)
- Tooling, machining companies shine spotlight on workers - Crawford County Career and Technical Center paid tuition for adult evening classes for introduction to precision machining went to Kuhn Tool & Die ... manufacturing industry in the U.S. NTMA member firms design and manufacture special tools, dies, jigs ... (01/29/2017)
- 3-D printing gains steam - Seisler uses the printer to make a variety of products, including jigs and fixtures that are used in the machine shop ... The company also uses the printer to make prototypes. It was printing die plates, but Toth was prohibited from talking about them ... (03/22/2015)
- Video shows employee taking 24 balls into bathroom - On Monday, Jay Glazer of FOX Sports added the next new big piece of news in #DeflateGate, reporting that the NFL has interviewed a locker room attendant who allegedly took footballs from the officials’ locker room after they had been inspected and ... (01/26/2015)
- Research and Markets: Special Die and Tool, Die Set, Jig, and Fixture Manufacturing Industry in the U.S.: an Updated 2012 Report - LLC's new report "Special Die and Tool, Die Set, Jig, and Fixture Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2012 Edition]" to their offering. The 2012 publication of Special Die and Tool, Die Set, Jig, and Fixture Manufacturing ... (01/18/2012)
- KELTRAC course in tool and die-making - The KELTRAC ... fields such as press tool (for producing components from sheet metals); jigs and fixture (clamping devices); plastic moulds (for producing plastic components); and die casting die (for casting components used in manufacturing industries. (04/25/2006)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $3,432,985 on Special Die & Tool, Die Set, Jig & Fixture Manufacturing. It has awarded 157 contracts to 50 companies, with an average value of $68,660 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Punches for use with machine tools manufacturing, Dies, plastics forming, manufacturing, Jigs (e.g., checking, gauging, inspection) manufacturing, Welding positioners (i.e., jigs) manufacturing, Subpresses, machine tool, Jigs and fixtures for use with machine tools manufacturing, Wiredrawing and straightening dies manufacturing, Dies and die holders for metal cutting and forming (except threading) manufacturing, Die sets for metal stamping presses manufacturing, steel rule, metal cutting, Cutting dies, metalworking, Diamond dies, Extrusion dies for use with all materials manufacturing, metalworking (except threading), etc.