Mayonnaise, Dressing & Prepared Sauce Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Mayonnaise, Dressing & Prepared Sauce Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Mayonnaise, Dressing & Prepared Sauce Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Mayonnaise, Dressing & Prepared Sauce Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Mayonnaise, Dressing & Prepared Sauce Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Fruit And Vegetable Canning
Canned Catsup And Other Tomato Based Sauces
Flavoring Syrup And Concentrate Manufacturing
Mayonnaise, Dressing, And Other Prepared Sauce Manufacturing
Vinegar And Cider
Prepared Sauces (Mustard, Worcestershire, Soy, Horseradish, And Sauces Used As A Condiment To Meat, Vegetable, And Seafood), Exc
Mayonnaise, Salad Dressings, And Sandwich Spreads
Mayonnaise, Dressing, And Other Prepared Sauce Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Mayonnaise, Dressing & Prepared Sauce Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Mayonnaise, Dressing & Prepared Sauce Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Mayonnaise, Dressing & Prepared Sauce Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Mayonnaise, Dressing & Prepared Sauce Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Mayonnaise, Dressing & Prepared Sauce Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Food Processing Workers||15%|
|Miscellaneous Food Processing Workers||15%|
|Other Production Occupations||22%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||11%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||11%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||23%|
|Material Moving Workers||18%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||14%|
|Packers and Packagers, Hand||7%|
Mayonnaise, Dressing & Prepared Sauce Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Viscusi Wholesale Grocers|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Delicious school lunch recipes - Spread batter in prepared dish. Bake until cake is golden brown ... for a great new school lunch using local ingredients. 1. For the dressing, combine coriander, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, lime juice and salt in the bowl of a food processor. (01/13/2018)
- Aaj Kya Khaoge? 7 Answers to This Question That Will Brighten Up Every Day of the Week - Friday-Mexican Rice Bowl with Chipotle South-West Dressing Thank ... Veeba is a leading sauce and condiment manufacturing company in India. Sourcing the fresh and healthy ingredients for its innovative range of mayonnaise, sauces, spreads, dips and ... (01/03/2018)
- Fountain Avenue Kitchen: Colorful, crunchy salad offers healthy start to new year - Reader requests for more healthy recipes challenge me and raise the bar ... I particularly enjoy it paired with the following creamy balsamic dressing. For added convenience, this, too, can be prepared ahead and offers a healthier option to many of its ... (12/31/2017)
- North America Salad Dressings and Mayonnaise Market analysis and forecast by 2021. - (EMAILWIRE.COM, December 13, 2017 ) The North America Salad Dressings and Mayonnaise Market size was around USD XX billion in 2016. It is expected to grow at a CAGR of XX% to reach USD XX billion by 2021. Food manufacturing ... dressing as a finishing ... (12/13/2017)
- Recipe finder | Green goddess dressing - The classic mayonnaise-based dressing, boldly flavored with anchovy and tarragon, can easily be prepared in a blender or food processor ... that was printed on the label of a brand-name pasta sauce (she can't recall which one) for a one-dish baked pasta ... (04/29/2014)
- Chicken Salad with a Healthy Twist - At its most basic, chicken salad consists of chopped cooked chicken meat mixed with mayonnaise or salad dressing served on top of lettuce, avocado, cucumber, tomato or toast. It is also commonly prepared as a sandwich. The best recipes for chicken salad ... (03/15/2014)
- Research and Markets: Mayonnaise, Dressing, and Other Prepared Sauce Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade - 2010 Year-End Edition - LLC's new report "Mayonnaise, Dressing, and Other Prepared Sauce Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2010 Year-End Edition]" to their offering. The Mayonnaise, Dressing, and Other Prepared Sauce Manufacturing Industry report ... (02/03/2011)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $781,627 on Mayonnaise, Dressing & Prepared Sauce Manufacturing. It has awarded 82 contracts to 15 companies, with an average value of $52,108 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Mustard, prepared, manufacturing, Cider, nonalcoholic, Dips (except cheese and sour cream based) manufacturing, Horseradish, prepared sauce, Worcestershire sauce manufacturing, Sauces for meat (except tomato based) manufacturing, Prepared sauces (except gravy, tomato based) manufacturing, Sandwich spreads, salad dressing based, Sauces for vegetable (except tomato based) manufacturing, Cider vinegar manufacturing, Tartar sauce manufacturing, Soy sauce manufacturing, Salad dressings manufacturing, Vinegar manufacturing, Cheese based salad dressing manufacturing, Sauces for seafood (except tomato based) manufacturing, Sauces (except tomato based) manufacturing, Mayonnaise manufacturing, etc.