Instant Download - Available immediately
Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Spice & Extract Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Spice & Extract Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Spice & Extract Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Spice & Extract Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Spice And Extract Manufacturing
Table Salt (Evaporated), Pepper (White And Black), And Other Spices
Flavoring Extracts, Emulsions, And Other Liquid Flavors And Food Colorings (Excluding Synthetic)
Dry Mix Food Preparations
Spice And Extract Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
All Other Miscellaneous Food Manufacturing
Flavoring Powders, Tablets, And Paste (Including Dry Mix Cocktails)
Other Secondary Products
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Spice & Extract Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Spice & Extract Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Spice & Extract Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Spice & Extract Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Spice & Extract Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Food Processing Workers||15%|
|Miscellaneous Food Processing Workers||15%|
|Other Production Occupations||22%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||11%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||11%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||23%|
|Material Moving Workers||18%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||14%|
|Packers and Packagers, Hand||7%|
Spice & Extract Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Preference for natural products to drive herbal extracts market - Ken Research in its latest publication on India herbal extract market has forecast a rapid growth ... The stakeholders of this report include herbal extracts, oleoresins and essential oil manufacturers and distributing agents, pharmaceutical ... (12/30/2017)
- A food world ‘changing at incredible speed’ will see grocery stores and restaurants adapting in 2018 - Food manufacturers, retailers and restaurants are fighting for ... Next fall, expect to see more maple flavors, as sales growth slows for pumpkin spice, Supermarket News predicts. Smoked meats are popular, but chefs are also smoking cheeses, butters ... (12/29/2017)
- New owners of Custom Blending move spice company to Loveland - Tom and Kristie Cotter bought Custom Blending, a spice and seasoning company, from Fort Collins vanilla-extract manufacturer Rodelle Inc ... blends for customers such as restaurants and food manufacturers, and it also manufactures liquid products such ... (06/21/2016)
- Super Doubles coupon event at Harris Teeter means big savings for you - Visit the websites and Facebook pages of your favorite manufacturers like, Kellogg’s ... 99 Sauer's Pork Seasoning Rub, 3.3 oz, $2.79 use $1.50 off Sauer's spice, extract or food color, SS 12/13 Spend NOTHING!! Schick X3 Men's Razor, 8 ct., (01/06/2016)
- A Chapman expert explains why pumpkin spice tastes great — even without pumpkins - Each of the ingredients listed above is Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) by the FDA as well as Flavor & Extract Manufacturers Association, or FEMA, for use as a food flavoring. Of course, the whole spice could be used instead of isolated flavor ... (11/21/2015)
- The Surprising Truth About How Many Chemicals Are In Everything We Eat - Cox, the executive director of Flavor and Extract Manufacturers Association. "When a flavorist creates a flavor from scratch it can be guaranteed that every component of the flavor has been safety-tested and verifiably approved for consumption," Cox writes ... (02/03/2014)
- Research and Markets: The U.S Spice and Extract Manufacturing Industry Industry's Revenue for the Year 2008 Was approximately $7.9 Billion USD, With an Estimated Gross Profit ... - LLC's new report "Spice and Extract Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [Q3 2009 Edition]" to their offering. The newly published Spice and Extract Manufacturing Industry report provides the latest market research on the industry. (09/17/2009)
- Rating Hot Peppers: Mouth vs. Computer - Under this method, a dried pepper is dissolved in alcohol, diluted with sugar water and then given to a panel of tasters, who, sipping increasingly diluted concentrations of pepper extract out ... N.J., that representing spice manufacturers. (11/08/1989)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $177,155 on Spice & Extract Manufacturing. It has awarded 26 contracts to 8 companies, with an average value of $22,144 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Flavor extracts (except coffee) manufacturing, Salad dressing mixes, dry, manufacturing, Extracts, food (except coffee, meat), Food coloring, natural, Grinding spices, Salt, table, Gravy mixes, Salt substitute manufacturing, Spices and spice mix manufacturing, Seasoning salt manufacturing, Food extracts (except coffee, meat) manufacturing, Pectin manufacturing, Table salt manufacturing, Spice grinding and blending, Chili pepper or powder manufacturing, Pepper (i.e., spice) manufacturing, malt, Fruit extracts manufacturing, Malt extract and syrups manufacturing, Hop extract manufacturing, Sauce mixes, Spice mixtures manufacturing, etc.