Men's & Boys' Cut & Sew Apparel Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Men's & Boys' Cut & Sew Apparel Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Men's & Boys' Cut & Sew Apparel Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Men's & Boys' Cut & Sew Apparel Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Men's & Boys' Cut & Sew Apparel Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Men's & Boys' Cut & Sew Apparel Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Men's & Boys' Cut & Sew Apparel Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Men's & Boys' Cut & Sew Apparel Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Men's & Boys' Cut & Sew Apparel Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||12%|
|Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Workers||55%|
|Sewing Machine Operators||44%|
|Sewing Machine Operators||44%|
|Other Production Occupations||7%|
Men's & Boys' Cut & Sew Apparel Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- The Mystery of the Exiled Billionaire Whistle-Blower - He gave interviews to the Long Island-based publication Mingjing News and to Voice of America — a live event that was cut short by producers ... had been out supporting Guo when a group of Chinese men holding flags and banners showed up. (01/10/2018)
- Looking For One Clothing Brand You Can Wear All Day, Every Day? Then Arjé Is For You - This is the company mantra that husband-wife fashion design duo, Bessie Afnaim Corral and Oliver Corral, keep for their clothing line ... is the creation of airtight men’s and women’s collections. “We believe in seeing a brand that encompasses ... (01/07/2018)
- Marrying less and dying sooner — how the downward spiral of manufacturing is hurting American men - High-school graduates see a reversal of fortunes American men have been dropping out of the workforce ... "A waitress working in a town that depends heavily on apparel manufacturing might miss out on wage growth, even though she does not work in an ... (01/03/2018)
- Amabilis divvies up tactical apparel and gear - The Responder outerwear marks the company’s first foray into tactically inspired apparel. Touting a jacket and hoody, Amabilis delivers not only a stylish approach but a functional one as well. Crafted with models for both men and women, the Responder ... (01/02/2018)
- 10 Pieces of Apparel and Accessories We Wish We'd Never Seen This Year - Every man has his favorite closet staples—jeans cut just right, that blazer that will ... From spinning studios to CrossFit, men wearing base layers as their only layers is a pattern that just keeps popping up and showing us way, way too much. (12/28/2017)
- Clothing line aims to support NC’s textile industry - That independent spirit inspired Williford to found Pamut Apparel (pamutapparel.com ... dye houses and sewing facilities. They deserve our business.” Next year, Williford plans to roll out a men’s collection. As her company grows, she hopes to ... (12/15/2017)
- Amazon unveils plans for on-demand clothing factory - with the process to manufacture a garment generally including “garment design, fabric production and/or printing, and panel cutting and sewing”. “Many aspects of apparel manufacturing ... to women’s dresses and men’s shirts. (04/20/2017)
- Why a new men’s clothing label turned down an offer from 'Shark Tank' - LA-based men's clothing ... for cheaper manufacturing overseas? ES: Producing domestically means keeping both eyes on quality. We design everything in Los Angeles and most of the fabric is knit six blocks from the office. We cut, sew, finish, and dye ... (06/08/2015)
- Maker of medical uniforms manufacturing in Burlington - An Ohio-based designer has launched a new brand of healthcare uniforms and brought some manufacturing business to Burlington. The “cut and sew ... to have male clothing in the future” because focus groups have shown that men want something ... (12/05/2013)
- Research and Markets: Men's and Boys' Cut and Sew Shirt (Except Work Shirt) Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and Its International Trade 2010 Edition Provides Forecasts up to ... - This 6-digit NAICS industry (315223) is under the hierarchy of Men's and Boys' Cut and Sew Apparel Manufacturing Industry (31522), Cut and Sew Apparel Manufacturing Industry Group (3152), Apparel Manufacturing Subsector (315), and the Manufacturing Sector ... (08/23/2010)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $61,512,177 on Men's & Boys' Cut & Sew Apparel Manufacturing. It has awarded 805 contracts to 147 companies, with an average value of $418,450 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Water-repellent overcoats, men's and boys', cut and sewn from purchased fabric (except apparel contractors), Water resistant outerwear, Custom tailors, men's and boys' dress shirts, cut and sewn from purchased fabric, Overall jackets, work, Uniforms, dress (e.g., fire fighter, military, police), men's, Swimsuits, Coats, nontailored service apparel (e.g., laboratory, mechanics', medical), T-shirts, underwear, Field jackets, Bathing suits, Formal jackets, Water-repellent outerwear, Laboratory coats, Jackets (except fur, leather, sheep-lined), Briefs, Sweaters, Pants (e.g., athletic, dress, sweat, work), outerwear, unisex (i.e., sized without regard to gender), Jerseys, Pajamas, Nightgowns, Nightshirts, Underwear, Ski pants, Sweatshirts, unisex (sized without regard to gender), Bakers' service apparel, washable, Riding clothes, Overcoats, Firefighters' dress uniforms, Sweat suits, Police dress uniforms, Sweater jackets, Hospital service apparel, Sweat pants, boys', and unisex (i.e., Overalls, Shorts, Knickers, Snowsuits, Dungarees, Underwear shorts, Work pants, Nightwear, Barbers' service apparel, Work shirts, Warmup suits, Sport coats (except fur, leather), Down-filled clothing, Mackinaws, Clothing, water-repellent, Tank tops, Feather-filled clothing, Suits, nontailored (e.g., jogging, snow, ski, warm-up), Underwear shirts, Sports clothing (except team uniforms), Water resistant jackets and windbreakers, nontailored, Bathrobes, Shirts, Coats (except fur, waterproof), water resistant, Robes, lounging, Athletic clothing (except team athletic uniforms), boys' and unisex (i.e., Union suits, Jackets, Medical service apparel, Slacks, jean-cut casual, Sweater vests, service apparel (e.g., Raincoats, Tennis shirts, Ski suits, Drawers, Polo shirts, Washable service apparel (e.g., barbers', hospital, professional), tailored, men's and boys' suits, Melton jackets, Work coats and jackets, cut and sewn from purchased fabric (except apparel contractors, Trousers, Professional service apparel, Flannel shirts, Jogging suits, Lounging robes and dressing gowns, Windbreakers, Service apparel, Aprons, work (except leather, Tailored dress and sport coats, Coveralls, Water resistant overcoats, Military dress uniforms, Beachwear, Sport shirts, Uniform shirts (except team athletic), Topcoats, tailored (except fur, Tuxedos cut and sewn from purchased fabric (except apparel contractors), Hunting coats and vests, Caftans, Vests, Jean-cut casual slacks, Industrial garments, etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.