Metal Can, Box & Container Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Metal Can, Box & Container Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Metal Can, Box & Container Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Metal Can, Box & Container Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Metal Can, Box & Container Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Metal Can, Box & Container Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Metal Can, Box & Container Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Metal Can, Box & Container Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Metal Can, Box & Container Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||8%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||7%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||7%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||10%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||7%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||31%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||6%|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Workers||17%|
|Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers||15%|
|Other Production Occupations||12%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||6%|
Metal Can, Box & Container Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Stanley Industrial & Automotive||10|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- 3 TVs that could change how you watch movies - But at CES 2018, the annual tech show happening this week in Las Vegas, manufacturers are still trying ... By pressing a button, you can lower the screen into a box, where it wraps around a metal cylinder, kind of like a window blind. (01/11/2018)
- Metal food cans market set to grow according to forecasts - The will chart the course for a more comprehensive organization and discernment of the competition situation in the Metal Food Cans market. As this will help manufacturers and ... profiled in this report are Silgan Containers, Crown Holdings, Ball ... (01/10/2018)
- Heathrow Scientific Expands its Microscope Slide Box Line with Premium Plus Slide Storage Boxes - Jan. 9, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Heathrow Scientific, a leader in manufacturing ... unit can be stored vertically or horizontally. The box holds 100 – 26 x 75mm slides and is made from ABS and polypropylene, eliminating the potential of rusting metal ... (01/09/2018)
- The Rise of the Prefab Prison - “You always put as many people as you can in a space ... dozen secondhand shipping containers. But as places to house people—voluntarily or otherwise—shipping containers are less than ideal. “These are metal boxes which are designed to go ... (01/09/2018)
- Top 20 Best Weed Stash Boxes, Cans & Containers - Seriously, your bud will always be easy to find, and more often than not, you can store your pipes, lighters, and other smoking accessories with it. So, grab a stash box, stash container ... 4 Piece Aerospace Aluminum Metal Grinder is exactly what you ... (12/28/2017)
- LaPorte's Silgan Containers plant to close - LAPORTE — Silgan Containers Corp., the largest maker of metal food containers in the United States, is closing its LaPorte manufacturing plant ... according to the web page. Its metal cans hold a wide variety of food, beverage and pet food products ... (02/05/2016)
- Working in a box: Shipping containers used as retail, artist space at Jersey Shore - All three of them work out of shipping containers ... of Cinnaminson-based Sea Box, which specializes in the design, custom modification and manufacturing of shipping and storage containers. "They won't rust through. You can insulate them, obviously ... (06/09/2015)
- Anheuser-Busch talks about major expansion at can manufacturing plant - A subsidiary of Anheuser-Busch is considering a major expansion of its Westside can manufacturing plant in Jacksonville. Metal Container Corp. is promising to spend $170 million and hire 75 new employees at an average salary of $75,000 a year. The proposed ... (05/26/2015)
- A steel cargo container becomes a backyard retreat - He spent two years researching potential building methods and designs, then bought a container for $2,900 from a business in Northeast Portland. The nearly pristine metal box had ... few simple tools, you can actually create a box to live in," says Dorothy ... (12/10/2009)
- New plant: Metal Container Corp., the can manufacturing... - New plant: Metal Container Corp., the can manufacturing unit of Anheuser-Busch Cos., said it plans to build a new beverage can manufacturing plant in Riverside County, Calif., worth about $100 million. The company said construction is scheduled to begin in ... (07/06/1993)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $59,155,909 on Metal Can, Box & Container Manufacturing. It has awarded 824 contracts to 286 companies, with an average value of $206,839 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.