Metal Can Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Metal Can Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Metal Can Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Metal Can Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Metal Can Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Metal Can Manufacturing
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
Miscellaneous Receipts, Including Receipts For Repair Work, Sales Of Scrap And Refuse.
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Metal Can Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Metal Can Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Metal Can Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Metal Can Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Metal Can Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||8%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||7%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||7%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||10%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||7%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||31%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||6%|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Workers||17%|
|Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers||15%|
|Other Production Occupations||12%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||6%|
Metal Can Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- ATCO-Gary Metals Technologies to shutter, laying off 68 production workers - This regrettable instance is a fresh reminder that we must continue to do all we can to support our manufacturing base and grow our regional economy." Sandra Britton has worked there almost 17 years and said ATCO-Gary Metal Technologies once employed more ... (01/12/2018)
- Amzak acquires StampTech, Inc. and merges with AOC MetalWorks, further expanding its metal fabrication and stamping portfolio - With this addition, there is little we cannot do from a metal manufacturing standpoint and few areas we cannot ... through partnerships with like-minded investors. More information can be found at www.amzak.com. View original content:http ... (01/10/2018)
- Headphone maker Yevo will start making pricey earbuds with metal from illegal guns, for a good cause - The company is taking pre-orders and will begin manufacturing the special edition ... "We just hope that we can get the product out there to build awareness about the product and the metal." (01/10/2018)
- Two Companies Invest in Multiple EOS Industrial Metal 3D Printing Systems - For the purposes of industrial manufacturing projects ... With a large build volume of 400 x 400 x 400 mm, the ultra-fast EOS M 400-4, which can work with a wide range of metal materials, uses its four lasers to offer four times the productivity. (01/10/2018)
- Metal based additive manufacturing is allowing hospitals to produce custom made implants - PSIs by metal 3D printing. Once an implant has been designed, the hospital can send the design to a third-party company, such as Renishaw, for manufacture. Additive manufacturing produces precise guides, models and implants to the surgeon’s specification ... (01/09/2018)
- Chocolate Factory Overcomes Costly Machinery Downtime by Replacing Metal Parts with Stratasys High-Performance Composite 3D Printing Material - “With Stratasys additive manufacturing, we can produce customized replacement parts on-demand that can perform just as effectively as the metal machine parts. We can 3D print and deliver production parts to The Chocolate Factory in under a week, which is ... (01/09/2018)
- MIT Researchers Find Melting Hinders Some Sprayed Metal Coatings - The ultra-fast image capture technique revealed that particles of metal do indeed melt on the surface of what they’re sprayed onto, but can quickly bounce off before ... There are also implications for additive manufacturing, which relies on a large ... (01/08/2018)
- Additive Manufacturing Could Disrupt A Lot of Aerospace Markets - The present focus on additive metal manufacturing has been on new builds. But the same or similar techniques can be used in the replacement market for parts. Indeed, additive techniques are now being used to make plastic replacement parts faster and more ... (01/08/2018)
- Desktop Metal patents separable supports in binder jet 3D printing - As a result, parts can easily be removed by hand. Myerberg adds, “We believe the benefit of this technology covered by the patents will enable substantially increased adoption of metal AM.” Nominate the best of additive manufacturing in the second ... (01/05/2018)
- How Germany Wins At Manufacturing — For Now - Schmittenberg Metal Works, an auto parts maker based in ... Lessons for the United States What's the takeaway for U.S. companies? Can the U.S. embrace these qualities and boost manufacturing? Martin Baily, an economist at the Brookings Institution and ... (01/03/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $1,198,875 on Metal Can Manufacturing. It has awarded 27 contracts to 14 companies, with an average value of $85,634 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Cans, steel, light gauge metal, manufacturing, Aluminum cans, Lids and ends, can, Soup cans, Beer cans, Can lids and ends, Aerosol cans, Tin plate cans, Metal cans, Steel cans, aluminum, Soft drink cans manufacturing, etc.