Motorcycle, ATV & Personal Watercraft Dealers Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Motorcycle, ATV & Personal Watercraft Dealers
Overview: the U.S. Motorcycle, ATV & Personal Watercraft Dealers Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Motorcycle, ATV & Personal Watercraft Dealers:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Motorcycle, ATV & Personal Watercraft Dealers industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Men's Wear, Including Accessories
Women's, Juniors', & Misses' Wear, Including Accessories
Costumes & Unisex Clothing
Recreational Vehicles, Parts & Accessories
New Recreational Vehicles, Parts & Accessories
Boats & Other Sport Vehicles, Parts & Accessories
New Boats, Canoes, Kayaks, Motors, Parts & Accessories
All-Terrain Vehicles (Atvs) & Personal Watercraft
All Other Sports Vehicles, Parts & Accessories
Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, & Other Powered Transportation Vehicles
New Motorcycles, Motor Scooters, Motor Bikes, Including Parts & Access
Used Motorcycles, Motor Scooters, Motor Bikes, Including Parts & Access
Automotive Tires, Tubes, Batteries, Audio Equipment, Parts, Access
All Other Merchandise
New Aircraft, Engines, Parts & Accessories
Used Aircraft, Engines, Parts & Accessories
Utility Trailers, Including Horse/Livestock Trailers
All Other Merchandise, Excluding Lottery Ticket Sales/Commissions
All Nonmerchandise Receipts
Labor Charges For Work Performed By This Establishment
Parts, Paint & Materials Installed In Repair
Value Of Service Contracts
Commissions Rcvd For The Sale Of Credit Life Ins & Arr Of Financing
All Other Nonmerchandise Receipts
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Motorcycle, ATV & Personal Watercraft Dealers company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Motorcycle, ATV & Personal Watercraft Dealers industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Motorcycle, ATV & Personal Watercraft Dealers measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||40%|
|Retail Sales Workers||35%|
|Counter and Rental Clerks and Parts Salespersons||10%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||15%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||30%|
|Vehicle and Mobile Equipment Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers||26%|
|Small Engine Mechanics||17%|
|Motorboat Mechanics and Service Technicians||7%|
|Miscellaneous Vehicle and Mobile Equipment Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers||6%|
|Recreational Vehicle Service Technicians||6%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||7%|
Motorcycle, ATV & Personal Watercraft Dealers Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|American Motorcyclist Association|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Yamaha Motor Finance Corp., USA, Promotes Jeff Young to President - "I look forward to leading the new team as we deliver a best-in-class program to Yamaha's dealers across ... offerings include Motorcycles and Scooters, ATVs and Side-By-Side Vehicles, Snowmobiles, Outboard Motors, Personal Watercraft, Boats, Outdoor ... (01/10/2018)
- Wiseco & Team Honda HRC Form New Partnership - motorcycle, ATV, personal watercraft, outboard marine and automotive markets. Wiseco is focused on continually refining our quality culture and our associates are dedicated to living up to our Quality Policy: "To Meet or Exceed Customer Requirements Every ... (01/09/2018)
- Yamaha's MOTOROiD and MOTOBOT Ver 2 get U.S. Debut at CES(R) - The company's ever-expanding product offerings include Motorcycles and Scooters, ATVs and Side-By-Side Vehicles, Snowmobiles, Outboard Motors, Personal Watercraft ... are sold through a nationwide network of dealers in the United States. (01/09/2018)
- Partzilla Expanding Presence in West Coast: Faster Shipping & Supercross Sponsorship - CARSON CITY, Nev., Jan. 5, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Partzilla.com, a division of the Outdoor Network Corporation and a leading online retailer of ATV, motorcycle, scooter, side-by-side, snowmobile, and personal watercraft parts, is pleased to announce that ... (01/05/2018)
- Sheffield Financial and Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. announce a new multi-year retail financing contract - The agreement allows Sheffield to provide consumer financing services to customers of KMC's independent dealer network. The contract covers installment financing for Kawasaki brand motorcycles, side-by-sides, ATVs and personal watercraft. "We are ... (12/19/2017)
- Lafayette Power Sports - Owned and operated by Dean and Theresa Richard for 34 years. LAFAYETTE POWER SPORTS, The Motorcycle, ATV and Personal Watercraft dealer in Lafayette Louisiana market is adding Acadiana’s largest marine dealership. We have the largest selection of ... (12/16/2017)
- Yamaha Official Motorcycle of Road America - Road America announced today that Yamaha has become the Official Motorcycle of Road America as part of ... expanding product offerings include motorcycles, ATVs and Side-by-Side vehicle, outboard motors, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, outdoor ... (05/03/2013)
- Research and Markets: 2012 Report on the $17 Billion US Motorcycle Dealers Industry - all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), snowmobiles, and personal watercraft. Apparel, parts, and accessories are known as aftermarket products. Most products sold by motorcycle dealers are known as power sports products. Many dealers offer repair, maintenance ... (11/23/2012)
- American Honda’s 2011 ATV Racing Team - ATVs and personal watercraft in the U.S. American Honda’s Motorcycle Division conducts the sales, marketing and operational activities for these products through authorized Honda dealers. For more information on Honda products, go to powersports.honda ... (11/23/2010)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $10,233,371 on Motorcycle, ATV & Personal Watercraft Dealers. It has awarded 537 contracts to 202 companies, with an average value of $50,660 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Used aircraft dealers, Used utility trailer dealers, Bicycle shops, motorized, Motorcycle parts and accessories dealers, Moped dealers, Used motorcycle dealers, Motorcycle dealers, Golf cart dealers, powered, Personal watercraft dealers, Off-road all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), wheeled or tracked, dealers, Motor scooters dealers, Motorbike dealers, All-terrain vehicle (ATV) dealers, Aircraft dealers, Utility trailer dealers, Snowmobile dealers, etc.