|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Nonferrous Metal Rolling, Drawing & Extruding
Overview: the U.S. Nonferrous Metal Rolling, Drawing & Extruding Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Nonferrous Metal Rolling, Drawing & Extruding:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Nonferrous Metal Rolling, Drawing & Extruding industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Nonferrous Metal (Except Copper And Aluminum) Rolling, Drawing, And Extruding
All Other Nonferrous Metal Mill Shapes
Apparatus Wire And Cord And Flexible Cord Sets (Excluding Aluminum, Copper, Wiring Harnesses And Fiber Optic), Made In Plants Th
Nonferrous Metal (Except Copper And Aluminum) Rolling, Drawing, And Extruding, Not Categorized, Total
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Nonferrous Metal Rolling, Drawing & Extruding Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Nonferrous Metal Rolling, Drawing & Extruding companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Nonferrous Metal Rolling, Drawing & Extruding company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Nonferrous Metal Rolling, Drawing & Extruding industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Nonferrous Metal Rolling, Drawing & Extruding measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||8%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||8%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||7%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||39%|
|Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||13%|
|Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||10%|
|Metal Furnace Operators, Tenders, Pourers, and Casters||10%|
|Metal-Refining Furnace Operators and Tenders||8%|
|Other Production Occupations||10%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||6%|
Nonferrous Metal Rolling, Drawing & Extruding Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Profile: Danieli & C Officine Meccaniche SpA (DANI.MI) - Its portfolio includes mines; pellet production plants; blast furnaces; direct reduction equipment; machinery for the treatment of scrap metal ... rolling and drawing; forging presses and manipulators; extrusion presses for ferrous and non-ferrous metals ... (01/03/2018)
- List of Brass Smelters - Manufactures gold, silver & bronze coins, medallions & ingots Non ferrous alloy extrusion ingots ... Secondary brass smelting & refining; copper rolling & drawing; sheet metal fabricator Brass ingots, Lead ingots, Zinc ingots, Steel ingots, Magnesium ... (12/23/2017)
- Global Brass and Copper Holdings Acquires Alumet - A.J. Oster, LLC, a subsidiary of Global Brass and Copper Holdings ... processor and distributor of specialized non-ferrous products in North America. We engage in metal melting and casting, rolling, drawing, extruding, welding and stamping to fabricate ... (11/01/2017)
- Ningbo Powerway order third chain track drawing line from Danieli - Ningbo Powerway Alloy Material Co Ltd known as Boway, once again chose Danieli to supply a new complete Chain Track Drawing line to be in full production before the end of 2017. Boway is one of China’s top producers of high-tech brass and non-ferrous ... (09/23/2016)
- Economic Watch: Inflation, producer price trends add to evidence of steadying Chinese economy - Producer prices for ferrous metal smelting and rolling increased markedly faster in August to 6.5 percent year on year, while prices for nonferrous metal smelting ... "The RMB's inclusion in the IMF's Special Drawing Rights (SDR) currency basket will ... (09/09/2016)
- Inflation, producer price trends add to evidence of steadying Chinese economy - Producer prices for ferrous metal smelting and rolling increased markedly faster in August to 6.5 percent year on year, while prices for nonferrous metal smelting ... "The RMB's inclusion in the IMF's Special Drawing Rights (SDR) currency basket will ... (09/06/2016)
- 30th International Aluminium Conference - Danieli designs, manufactures and installs metal producing plants and equipment worldwide, covering, with company-owned technology, the whole process cycle from ore processing to finished flat, long, tube and extruded products, for ferrous and non-ferrous ... (09/23/2015)
- Research and Markets: Copper Wire Drawing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade - The Updated Q3 2009 Edition - This 6-digit NAICS industry (331422) is under the hierarchy of Copper Rolling, Drawing, Extruding, and Alloying Industry (33142), Nonferrous Metal (except Aluminum) Production and Processing Industry Group (3314), Primary Metal Manufacturing Subsector (331 ... (09/17/2009)
- Electronic Metal Detectors remove ferrous/nonferrous metals. - The electronic metal detectors, which are designed for the plastics industry, can be installed directly at the infeed of extrusion, injection ... engineered to sense and remove both ferrous and nonferrous metals - including iron, stainless steel, aluminum ... (07/10/2006)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $375,363,363 on Nonferrous Metal Rolling, Drawing & Extruding. It has awarded 1,281 contracts to 102 companies, with an average value of $3,680,033 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Iridium bar, rod, sheet, strip and tubing made from purchased metals or scrap, Zirconium and zirconium alloy bar, billet, strip, and tubing made from purchased metals or scrap, Titanium and titanium alloy bar, Tin rolling, drawing, or extruding purchased metals or scrap, Molybdenum and molybdenum alloy bar, plate, pipe, tubing, and wire made from purchased metals or scrap, Mesh, wire, nonferrous metals (except aluminum, copper), made from purchased nonferrous metals (except aluminum, copper) in wire drawing plants, Nonferrous metal shapes (except aluminum, copper) made in integrated secondary smelting and rolling mills, Precious metal bar, Magnesium rolling, Zinc and zinc alloy bar, Titanium rolling, Molybdenum rolling, Rod, made from purchased metals or scrap, Energy wire or cable, Wire, made in integrated secondary smelting mills and wire drawing plants, Aircraft and automotive wire and cable (except aluminum, copper) made from purchased nonferrous metals (except aluminum, Foil, gold, made by rolling purchased metals or scrap, Platinum and platinum alloy rolling, or extruding from purchased metals or scrap, Bar, made from purchased metals in wire drawing plants or in integrated secondary smelting and rolling, or extruding plants, copper) made in integrated secondary smelting mills and wire drawing plants, Silver and silver alloy bar, Strip, Gold rolling and drawing purchased metals or scrap, Tin and tin alloy bar, silver, Magnet wire, copper) made by rolling, or extruding purchased nonferrous metal, Nonferrous wire (except aluminum, Zirconium rolling, Lead and lead alloy bar, Wire cloth, Silver foil made by rolling purchased metals or scrap, Solder wire, Plate, Nickel and nickel alloy pipe, Apparatus wire and cord (except aluminum, Cord sets, flexible, Welding rod, uncoated, Nickel rolling, Tubing, Communications wire or cable, copper) made in integrated secondary smelting and extruding mills, Magnesium foil made by rolling purchased metals or scrap, Gold foil made by rolling purchased metals or scrap, Selenium bar, Platinum and platinum alloy sheet and tubing made from purchased metals or scrap, Gold and gold alloy bar, Nails, Silver rolling, nickel, Zinc rolling, Magnesium and magnesium alloy bar, shape, Wire screening, Lead rolling, Tungsten bar, and tubing made by rolling, Pipe, Coaxial cable, etc.