|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Oil & Gas Field Machinery & Equipment Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Oil & Gas Field Machinery & Equipment Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Oil & Gas Field Machinery & Equipment Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Oil & Gas Field Machinery & Equipment Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Oil And Gas Field Machinery And Equipment Manufacturing
Oil And Gas Field Production Machinery And Equipment (Excluding Pumps)
Portable Drilling Rigs And Parts (Above Ground)
Oil And Gas Field Machinery And Equipment Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
Miscellaneous Receipts, Including Receipts For Repair Work, Sales Of Scrap And Refuse.
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Oil & Gas Field Machinery & Equipment Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Oil & Gas Field Machinery & Equipment Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Oil & Gas Field Machinery & Equipment Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Oil & Gas Field Machinery & Equipment Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Oil & Gas Field Machinery & Equipment Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||8%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||17%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||28%|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Workers||12%|
|Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers||10%|
|Other Production Occupations||7%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||5%|
Oil & Gas Field Machinery & Equipment Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Global Mining and Oil & Gas Field Machinery Manufacturing Market Report 2017: 2016 Data, Estimates for 2017 & Projections to 2020 - mining machinery and equipment, and others. Key Topics Covered: 1: Introduction 2: Summary and Highlights 3: Mining and Oil & Gas Field Machinery Manufacturing Market Characteristics 4: Mining and Oil & Gas Field Machinery Manufacturing Market Size and ... (12/05/2017)
- Casper service companies see slow and steady improvement coming from the oil and gas fields - Jerry Blom’s JB Machine and Manufacturing shop was buzzing with the ... JB generally works with small to medium sized independent companies repairing equipment that is run down out in the oil fields. Those small firms have kept the shop open during ... (11/24/2017)
- Bullwhip Effect in the oil and gas industry - and inventory throughout the supply chain in markets for oil and gas field machinery and equipment such as generator sets, motors, turbines and electrical equipment, among other equipment and supplies. Small variations in demand at the retail end tend to ... (08/16/2017)
- The Global Mining and Oil & Gas Field Machinery Manufacturing Market Should Reach $324.1 Billion by 2020 from $265 Billion in 2016 at a CAGR of 5.2% - Company Profiles Figure 90 : Global Market Shares for Mining and Oil and Gas Machinery Manufacturing, by Key Competitor, 2016, Table 89 : Global Market Shares for Mining and Oil and Gas Machinery Manufacturing, by Key Competitor, 2016 (05/12/2017)
- Research and Markets: Oil and Gas Field Machinery and Equipment Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its Foreign Trade: Industry's Revenue for the Year 2011 Was Reported At ... - LLC's new report "Oil and Gas Field Machinery and Equipment Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its Foreign Trade" to their offering. This latest Oil and Gas Field Machinery and Equipment Manufacturing Industry report provides the most updated market ... (10/19/2012)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $5,623,344 on Oil & Gas Field Machinery & Equipment Manufacturing. It has awarded 131 contracts to 37 companies, with an average value of $151,982 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Water well drilling machinery manufacturing, Christmas tree assemblies, oil and gas field-type, manufacturing, Drilling equipment, Drilling rigs, Derricks, Oil and gas field-type drilling machinery and equipment (except offshore floating platforms) manufacturing, Bits, rock drill, Rock drill bits, Well logging equipment manufacturing, Gas well machinery and equipment manufacturing, etc.